Sunday, April 5, 2020

I'm Enjoying All These Re-runs

April 5, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray outside and the temperature is 42F degrees.  However, the sun is supposed to come out sometime this morning and temps should warm up to the mid fifties.  We're at that part of Spring where we get a couple of nice warm days, then we go back to a couple of colder days.  And the temps go up and down like that for a while. 

A friend of Deanne's has been making lots of face masks and donating them to the nurses and other folks who work at the hospital.  She also made some for Deanne and me.  Here's a photo of my new masks.  They're so pretty that it makes it more fun having to wear a mask.


It's been a week for gifts.  My great granddaughter Aurora also made me a gift.  She colored me a picture.  Isn't this beautiful?  I am so blessed.


Yesterday, Deanne and Jazzy did some grocery shopping for me.  Now I'm all set again for a while.  I left the canned and dry goods out on the porch for a few hours before bringing them into the house.  Today I'll unpack them and put them away.

This morning I've been watching "The Golden Girls" on TV.  Hubby and I used to love watching this show.  Another of our favorites was "Soap".  I wonder if this will ever be re-run.  That would really be nice.  You know, considering how popular all these re-runs of the old shows are, you'd think the folks who decide what programs to air would stop pushing all the violence at us and give us more shows like the old ones.

Well, it's time for me to do a bit of blog reading and get started on this new day.  First I want to share this adorable image that I found on the web.


Now I'm off.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I love reruns too! I used to watch "The Golden Girls" but I never watched "Soap." I think it was on too late when I was growing up!

smiekeltje said...

So nice of Deanne's friend to make those masks. The nurses all need to be protected as much as possible.
You only have to wear them if you go outside and even then there are great discussions about the effectiveness of it.
But if you feel yourself more safe, please wear one if you have to go out.
Most important is to keep the distance when meeting people.
Okay, glad you are still okay and wonderful how Jazzy and Deanne took care of you by bringing supplies.
Hug them from a distance from me!
Now on to my blanket again, I will try the Basketweave crochet. Porbably that will be the last stitch, then the edging has to be done.
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

With that glorious riot of colour I'd say Aurora is well named. I seem to remember my parents watching Golden Girls, though I can't recall having seen it myself.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Gene, of course, loves any John Wayne movie. But our favorite reruns are Mash. The characters each had such a wonderful personality. Clinger was my favorite! Enjoy the spring that is soon arriving. We had a tiny amount of snow yesterday but gone before noon. We are so fortunate, in La Crosse county (100,000 people about) only 22 cases since the beginning, 17 recovered, 2 hospitalized, one still in one hospital. We order about a week in advance from the store and drive through to pick up after the time. Up until this week, Ryan has been picking up but we wanted to try this. He is working at home, his wife still safely at her office. Reen and Mike both at home. Reen school said they are supposed to go back May 4th but they are finished for the year May 15th, so I bet they won't be going back. Stay healthy. How are you all working it out in your house? Mary Ann