Thursday, April 23, 2020

A New Hobby


April 23, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 42F degrees and headed for the low fifties.  Tomorrow should be cooler with rain.

For all the nuisance and inconvenience this "stay at home" has cause a lot of folks, it has also given folks a chance to spend more time with their families and hobbies.  My granddaughter Jazzy decided to use the time to learn a hobby, oil painting.

Am I surprised? Yes and no.  When someone works as hard at their job, education and talent as she does, then a hobby that is quiet and demanding of concentration would be very soothing for her.  Oil painting is just that.  Jazzy posted her first few paintings online and I borrowed a couple of them to share here with you.



Jasmine, I'm very proud of you.  If these are your first paintings, I can't wait to see what you'll do after you've been painting for a while.

When I was a little girl, my Daddy told me to always reach for the moon in whatever I did.  He said that on my way to the moon, I'd surely land on a few stars.  Jazzy, you keep reaching for the moon.  Something tells me that you're going to make it there.

I finally have another blossom in my garden.  A little orange tulip.  It's one of the first plants to blossom every year.  Deanne gave me this little plant several years ago, and every Spring it pops up early to show off it's beautiful colors before the other plants are big enough to blossom.


Maybe today I can go outside to see if my lilacs are almost ready to blossom.  This year, I'd like to plant another lilac bush and one or two butterfly bushes.  There's an empty spot on the side of the entrance to the driveway that is just begging for something pretty to move in there.

Walton's Mountain is coming on TV now and I'd like to watch it.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

wisps of words said...

Congratulations to her, for learning oil painting. It's not easy, I tried it, many years ago. Did one, and switched to Pastels. Guess oils were "too much" for me. -smile-

But those things, were years ago. Never felt like taking them up again. So I have not moved on to pastels, although they are so pretty, to me. Guess now, at this *advanced age,* my Hobby is my Blogging.

I really have fun, changing the Look of my Blog. And finding cute/pretty/interesting illustrations, to use in posting. Not much growing here, yet. But there are always lovely pictures, to be found on the Net. With a click-able link, to show where I found them, of course.

Nice to Net-meet you...

Gentle hugs,
🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱

Steve Reed said...

We have a couple of butterfly bushes, and we love them. I am impressed with anyone who has the patience to learn oil painting!

Theresa said...

Oh JAZZY, those paintings are GORGEOUS! What a talented young lady! Your bloom is SO pretty and I hope the weather allows you to get out to see some more. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

I think Jazzy is really talented. If these are her first oil paintings, well, then we can expect lots of beautiful paintings in the future!

It's a beautiful tulip that starts to blossom.
Lilacs are really pretty bushes, and so are butterfly bushes as well. I think Oleander or hibiscus are beautiful too.
And there are lots more beautiful bushes with blooms to choose of.

You have a wonderful day, ky firned!
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing Jazzy's artwork, Edna. her talents should only increase with more paintings. I heard that many folks are also turning to creative efforts now and it's wonderful to see some of their works. ENjoy your weekend too, blogger friend.