Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Taters For Birds?

March 1, 2022

Good morning.   Gosh, I've been up for hours.  I woke early, so I did some work on my tax stuff.  Then I paid a batch of bills and put them out for the mailman.  After that, it was time for some breakfast.

I think I need to spend more time on getting everything ready for my tax accountant.  Time seems to be going by quickly, and it will soon be April.  I don't like to wait until the last minute to have my taxes done.  I mostly just have to go through all my receipts now.  Then I have lots of columns of numbers to add up.  I would like to have all of this finished by the end of the week.

Spring is only nineteen days away!  The cold temps will last a bit longer though.  But at least there's hope now that the warmer temps will be here in just a few weeks.  Awesome!  Meanwhile, here are some ideas of what you can feed the birds during these cold temps.  (Wow!  I did not know about the baked potatoes.  Did you?)

Now I think I'll get started on those receipts from last year.  That should keep me busy for a while.  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hope you get your tax stuff done soon enough. It is no fun time spending, but when done and send away you will feel much better.
Some things on the bird feed list I didn;t know either. Well, they have variation enough with us, apple, bird seed, balls of suet with seeds in it, peanuts, sometimes left over bread. So they should be happy, LOL.
do take a little nap perhaps in between the tax stuff, if you are up already so long.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra
P.S. I started on a baby blanket as second project, in white but not the box stitch. Found a lovely stitch on Sirin's crochet blog.

Barbara said...

Yes, getting all those receipts in order is a job. I think I've got it all together. You have a good day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We will also be getting all our tax info together for the accountant, Edna, as we no longer prepare our own returns. While the government seems to want things done on time, we are still among the millions of folks waiting to receive last year's refunds. I told Grenville we should deduct any monies owed from what's due but of course we can't do that, darn. Yes, spring will be coming soon enough if Mother Nature looks at the calendar.

Suemn said...

Oh, gosh... taxes filing time again. Maybe I'll do mine in a week or two:)

Steve Reed said...

I've never heard of feeding a bird a baked potato!

Theresa said...

Thanks for the tips on the birdie food! I am always looking for things to feed them. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Buttercup said...

The top of my list is working on my tax stuff. Thanks for the encouragement. Gorgeous weather here and taxes will have to wait until after my walk. Got to get the sun while it shines!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Edna, you are so kind with all the thoguhtfult higns we can do for the birds. I Use to feed a couple of squirrels when we had the big choke cherry tree out front. They would hop off the tree and I would set peanuts on the fense posts. They loved it. They were chunky lil ones too.
My honey did the taxes and went to send them. He forgot to add my DL number so I sent him to work with a copy of my DL. That is out of the way, thank goodness.
I hope the snow tomorrow goes away quickly. It is tiring. I love the sunshine.
Have a beautiful day my friend.