Friday, March 11, 2022

Spring Has Sprung

March 11, 2022

Good morning.  Today is sunny, and temps will get up to the mid fifties.  Awesome!  Spring is definitely coming soon.  Yesterday Deanne took a photo of the little garden outside our kitchen window.  Lookee!  Lookee!  Spring is coming!


How wonderful it is to look out and see little green sprouts coming up through the ground.  (and the snow)  In a few weeks, these sprouts will have yellow and white blossoms.  And it will be warm enough to  sit out on the porch.  Woo Hoo!

One of these days I want to go shopping and get a new carpet for the porch.  Actually, just going shopping for anything will be great fun.  It's not something I get to do very often.  

Today I want to make a bottle of orange juice.  Lately I've been having a hankering for some juice.  And then I really need to get busy working on last year's receipts.  I want all my tax stuff finished before April.  

Recently I purchased a new necklace.  It was on clearance sale for only $8.99.  I don't really need a new necklace, but I just couldn't resist all the beautiful colors.  (ShopLC.com)   Hmmm, now I really do have to find a reason to get out.  So I can wear my new necklace.  Of course!  


I've got all three colors on the newest afghan so I'll be taking a photo later today to share with you.  It actually looks really nice.  I'll take photos of both afghans to share.  I'll be busy with them for quite a while.  

Perry Mason is on TV now and I'm going to stop now and watch my program.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

10 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Oh what a pretty necklace. I understand going shopping for anything, because I don't get out often. I was able to get out twice this past weekend and it did feel good.
Your little garden is a great inspiration and a promise that old man winter is going to soon be out the door.
I am having problems with my keyboard so I will go for now.
Have a wonderful day. XOX0

smiekeltje said...

Isn't it good to see new sprouts coming up? Hopefully real soon it will be warm enough for you to sit on the porch.
It will definately be wonderful for you to go out shopping(this for the porch carpet, but who knows, you might find something else too you desparately are in need off LOL). and good idea to wear then your lovely necklace.
We have mild wether now too, and it feels so good wlaking in the sun, you can feel the warmth.
I have almost finished the white baby blanket, may be one or two rows more and make a nice border. And hmmmm, what will I make next??
For now, it is time to sit down on the couch and watch some fun tv.
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend, stay safe.
Hugs
kyra

Robin from P'ville said...

No wonder you couldn't resist that necklace - it's beautiful.

Suemn said...

You definitely have to wear that pretty necklace when you next get out to the shops. I can't wait to see your daffodils as they are indeed a signal that Spring has sprung. We are going to have a warm up too and I can't wait. Nice weather always gives me more energy especially if the sun is out.

Barbara said...

Your new necklace is beautiful.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Love the sparkly colors in your necklace, it will look stunning with your afghan.
Our Clematis and other plants were in leaf, but overnight a cold snowfall has fell, and once again everything is silenced :(
Stay warm Ms. Edna.
Hugs,
Jo

Steve Reed said...

Good for you for getting the new necklace. You deserve it! It's so great to see those little sprouts coming up through the earth. Sounds like the states is getting a wintry blast but daffodils are tough. :)

Rita said...

I love all that color on the necklace!
Spring--might be melting up here soon, too. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, Edna, you will need a trip out to show off your necklace and a new rug for your outdoor sitting is a great reason to go out, hopefully soon. We didn't get any snow on Sat, but a lot of rain and then some overnight freezing temps.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Your necklace is gorgeous. We finished our taxes with the help of Jeremy our son. I am glad it is out of the way. I hope you get all of yours organized too. Good luck.