Friday, March 4, 2022

Heart Monitor

March 4, 2022

Good morning.  Tis sunny today and 18F degrees.  Hmmm, I wonder when the days will start being warmer.  Spring is coming.  I wonder if Mother Nature needs a reminder that it's time to start warming things up a bit.

My latest yarn order came yesterday.  Now I can start another afghan and have two of them to work on.  It's funny, they are both blue and green.  One is light colors, and the other is darker colors.  It wasn't planned that way, but that's how it came out.

I think I'm going to look at some baby girl sweaters or dresses.  I may want to try making some little dresses.  Hmm, it's an idea.  And a change from blankets and afghans.

Yesterday I bought a KardiaMobile Personal EKG Device and Heart Monitor.  I can keep an eye on my heart and share the information via email with my doctor.  At least, that's the plan.  (It's only $79)


I may change my posting days here on my blog too.  I don't do much of anything so sometimes it's difficult to have something to say.  I may try posting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  At least that's what I'm thinking of doing.  I may try it to see how it works out.  

You know, it's amazing how much our lives change as we get older.  For years, I posted here every day of the week.  But back then I had a full time job and lots of interests on the side.  Now there's no job, and I don't go anywhere except to the doctor.  I don't want to give up my blog though.  I enjoy it too much.  Besides, I'd miss all the wonderful folks I know because of it.

Perry Mason is coming on the TV now and I'm off to watch it.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

10 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hey that is a good idea, I think to have that monitor. I looked it up on the web and it seems to be a handy thing and via mobil you can send email pdf to your doctor. I am curious to hear how you feel about it after you've tried it for a bit of time.
Oh, yes, life as pensionado changes, of course.And I understand that you might want to post a bit less now(I did it too, and already once a week sometimes it is hard to find things to blog).
You must do what feels good for you, as long as you are blogging .
Have a lovely day, stay well and safe.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I work full time, and even then I sometimes start a blog post thinking, "WHAT am I going to write about?" Fortunately something always materializes! (For better or worse.)

I think the key is that the blog should be fun for you, not an obligation.

Sue said...

This looks like a great device, I've seen it advertised on tv! Don't stop blogging Edna, do it if for yourself I haven't blogged very much to my regret, each day I say I am going to be more faithful but time just slips away.
Enjoy making those afghans and dresses, I envy those who are so talented with their hands, my mom is very gifted too and she is a faithful Perry Mason fan.
Enjoy your weekend,
Sue

Beth Reed said...

Good afternoon,.
I understand about blogging. It was to the point that I never left the house but to go to the doctor and finding things to write about just seems so far away. Someone once said to me that "Your blog is either just about your kids or your health problems." So I realized they were right and I found myself blogging less and less. Please don't phase out like I did. We just want to hear that your alright! And you always find something good to contribute.

Have a wonderful weekend.xoxoxo

I

Suemn said...

I like reading your blog Edna and it's nice to check in with you whenever you write. I agree that you shouldn't feel obligated to write. Just write whenever you want and we'll still be here:) I do love seeing photos of your crochet projects.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I hope that the heart monitor works out for you, Edna, even though I have not seen any TV ads like others said. Well, it's because we don't watch TV. About blog posting, I hear you because years ago we also posted nearly every day and now I post perhaps 3 times a week maximum, except sometimes when we were on a road trip and if I didn't post daily, there would be too much to recall.

Some bloggers enjoy posting daily which is OK and I try to read their most recent posts and comment on them, but not all. You may not feel like you have something to say every day and that's OK, do what works and feels best for you. Like yourself, I also enjoy blog friends and so don't want to give it up and neither should you.

Barbara said...

Please continue to blog. Your posts are interesting and calming. You seem to take life with a good head on your shoulders. That makes for good reading.

Rita said...

You'll have to let us know how that monitor works out!

I used to blog more often but gradually over the years and with declining health I have been doing a weekly blog on Mondays. They're longer but it is once a week and I can handle that--LOL! Keep blogging! :)

Theresa said...

I have seen the ads for those! It seems to be a great thing to have. It has been Spring-like here but another cold spell is coming early next week. I also used to blog daily but now I just do it when I feel like it:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Anne Robinson said...

Great idea on the heart monitor! You are blessed with your children. So much love to share. Spring does not wish to appear at my home. No today it is 40 tomorrow S N O W ! Go back to Alaska where my friend Judy has the proper equipment to deal with the tons of snow she receives ! HUGS to you sweet lady.