Monday, March 14, 2022

Happy Birthday Eddie

March 14, 2022

Good morning.  This week is supposed to be very Springlike.  Warm temps all week.  This is certainly a good sign that Spring is on its way.


It's been a busy weekend.  My son in law, Eddie, had his 59th birthday.  Happy Birthday Eddie.

His daughter, Jasmine, painted him a picture for his birthday.  Here's a copy of the painting and the original photo that Jazzy was copying.  Great job, Jazzy.

I worked on the two afghans and started a new boy baby crib blanket.  I think the next afghan I make will have to be in a totally different color, like maybe purple or orange.  This is enough blue and green to last me for a while.
 


I'm making the new boy crib blanket because one of daughter Audrey's friends is having a baby boy and I've boxed up the boy blanket that I had already made and am sending it to her.  This is why it's good to have these on hand.  You never know when you might need one.

I've been neglecting working on my receipts for taxes.  So, today I really need to buckle down and start working on them.  My tax stuff needs to be in the mail back to the accountant by the end of this week. 

Today there is a Law & Order marathon on TV.  Watching this will help to make working with the receipts a little more bearable.  Now I think I'll make a cup of coffee and get started.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, We have snow falling this morning but it's supposed to get into the 40s this afternoon so hopefully all the new snow will melt off the driveway and streets. Jasmine did a terrific job on her painting. I really like it.

smiekeltje said...

Happy Birthday to Eddie!!
Jasmine made a great painting, compliments to her.
I see why you want to change color scheme after you have finished these afghans, hahaha.
I started a new one just yesterday, it will be in dark yellow or gold?? color, mostly. I found a nice pattern I think.
Oh yes Edna, buckle yourself down and finish the tx stuff. You'll be happy with it.
You have a wonderful day, enjoy the Law and Order marathon.
Big hug
Kyra

Susie said...

Edna, The forecast looks so promising. I loved the painting..such talent. Your crocheting is a very nice gift. I think the young lady will love that for her baby. Yikes taxes are something I would do Jan 2nd if at all possible. I like to get it out of the way. Mine are done thankfully. I wish you much luck. Blessings, enjoy your good weather. xoxo, Susie

Susie said...

Oops, for got to wish Eddie Happy Birthday. Hope it's a fun day. Susie

Barbara said...

Your crochet stitches are beautiful. I don't crochet and admire those who do. I like the colors you choose.

The birthday-gift artwork is very good! I am so impressed!!

Yes, by all means get those tax matter taken care of so you no longer have that hanging over your head!

Blessings and hugs to you!

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Eddie! I LOVE the painting, gorgeous! It's Springy here too and in the days ahead, rainy today but the flowers need the rain:) Enjoy your day dear friend, I watch Law and Order too:) HUGS!

Anne M Robinson said...

Happy Birthday to Eddie! That painting is perfect. I really love it. She did a great job! Take care and you do beautiful work on those afghans. My friend is suppose to gift me one of her aunts afghans but her brother wanted to sell them at ebay. So who knows. Like aprons, the younger ones seem to give everything good away.. I wish I had a few of my my mom's aprons. One of these days I will order one of those that you wear like a sleevless jacket. SHe had those too so it kept her clothes clean when she was baking. Ah...memories.You baby afghans are so pretty. My kids each have one from their days long ago and we have a few handmade quilts too that my hsuband's aunt had her mother make. They were perfection including one with Sunbonnet Sue. Sigh....

Beth Reed said...

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes Eddie!

I think that the painting that Jazzy gave to her dad must have been the bomb as they say. She has talent and she is a very creative soul. She must get a lot of that talent from her grandmother. :)

I lost a whole paragraph so I will just say you better buckle down and get those taxes done. You will feel better knowing that it is not hanging over your head.

Have a wonderful day, Much Love to you. xoxoxoxo

Steve Reed said...

Happy belated birthday to Eddie! I haven't started working on our taxes either. Ugh.