Friday, March 25, 2022

Plants For Bees

March 25, 2022

Good morning.  Tis gray and damp today.  We may get some sunshine later.  Temps are starting to be more like beginning Spring temps.  Super!  Soon it will be "sit on the porch" weather.  I can't wait!

Yesterday was quiet.  I called the doctor to cancel my appointment and change it to another date.  Deanne has a nasty cold.  I thought it would be best if she stayed home and got some rest.  My appointment is only a regular check up.

Soon it will be time to pick out tomato plants.  Every year I say it's the last year, but then every year I buy another plant.  Deanne usually gets a few tomatoes on her plant, but mine doesn't seem to do as well.  Hmm, I wonder why.

While you are picking out plants for your garden, here are a few that you might want to plant to help the bees.  


Today I'll work on the crib blanket for a bit.  It's more than half done.  I'll try to remember to take a photo of it to share.  The colors are really pretty.  I've been ignoring the afghans, but soon I'll have to work on them too.

There is a Law & Order marathon on TV today so that's what I'll be watching.  Now I'm off to check the mail.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Whoops, there was an erro on the page so the comment isn;t posted. Hmmm, what did I write?
Oh yes, we will not have tomatoes to grow this year, instead we try some beans, and chilipeppers and paprika. we'll see if there wil be any harvest. Today we had still a nice day although the wind was colder. Oh yes, it is about time we can sit again on a porch or patio in the sun and have some warmth. Our body is need of that.
Good you could reschedule your doctor's appointment. and yes Deanne should stay home and rest and stay warm with that nasty cold. Hope she will be feeling better real soon.

You have a wonderful day and weekend, take care.
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, It's still quite chilly here so no sitting out on the porch or outside is planned for the upcoming week. I think I'll grow tomatoes this year too. I usually plant in the ground and have way more than I can eat so I bring any extras to the food shelves. This year I may try just growing the tomatoes in a planter on the patio and then one plant in the ground in case the planter idea doesn't work:) Have fun watching your Law and Order marathon!

Kathy said...

Sometimes I get tomatoes on my plants and other times not so much. I haven't been having much success lately either. I wonder why. My sister always has tons of veggies in her garden. Maybe it's the sunlight.

Have fun crocheting. I have to get back to my afhans too. You inspired me and I am working on a ripple afghan trying to use up my scraps of yarn.

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad to see that we've planted many of those flowers! We see lots of bees every year. I hope Deanne's cold gets better soon.

Theresa said...

Hope Deanne is feeling better. Yes, it is time to plant some “maters”. My husband will get them soon and keep them inside until there is no more threat of frost. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs