Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Awesome Gifts

March 16, 2022

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be in the mid-fifties.  Awesome!  I have to go out for a doctor appointment this afternoon.  Which reminds me, I need to call the garage and have them come out and start my car.  I think I may have to buy a new battery.

My great granddaughter, Alena, sent me a wonderful gift.  She's learning to make jewelry, and she made me two beautiful bracelets. The blue one will match the dress I'll be wearing today.  Thank you, Alena.  I love them.  You did a great job drawing the horse too.


 In a few weeks, I should have lots of beautiful blossoms on my rhododendrons.  The bush is covered with buds.

For those of you who will be planting tomatoes soon, I found a super interesting article.  Did you know that baking soda was good for your plants?  I didn't.  I'll have to try it this year.


I've been planting tomatoes for years, and I think I've only eaten one or two of the tomatoes from my plants.  This year I'll try the baking soda to see if it really helps.  It sure would be nice to grow a lot of tomatoes on my plant.

Now it's time to make some breakfast.  And maybe a hot cup of coffee to enjoy while I'm reading blogs.  Today will be really busy.   I also have a grocery order being delivered later this morning.  By the time its all put away, it will be time to get ready for my appointment.  So, till Friday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.  

9 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, You sure have a lot of talented artists in your family. Alena did a wonderful job if she drew those horses and made the bracelets. We are to have nice weather here today too. I hope that once your car is jumped, the battery holds the charge and that you don't need to get a new battery. My sister's car is having the same issue but it may be because either the lights were left on and drained the battery or, because we had some really cold days last week and the car wasn't started to warm it up. Fingers crossed for you:)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hope all goes well with your Dr. appt, and your car is able to start !
What sweet gifts Alena has made for you, she is a very talented and thoughtful little girl.
I didn't know about the baking soda trick, keeping my fingers crossed it will work !
Hugs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A medical appointment is never something to looking forward to, Edna, and mine today was a dental one. Hope both of ours go well. The bracelets were lovely and thoughtful gifts and hope you enjoy wearing them with your recent necklace purchase.

smiekeltje said...

Such a beautiful self-made gift from Alena.
Hope your doctor appointment goes well.
Hmm, I didn;t know about the baking soda. May be it will work for a lot of plants. Worth trying it out.
Gosh, you do have a busy day today. Well, then it's also good to have done it all and have a quiet seat with a cup of coffee. I just id some grocerie shopping and a doctor's visit for my stomach troubles, hopefully the new medicin will do the job.
If I can sleep well this night I will have new energy tomorrow.
It will be a beautiful sight when the Rhododrendons will flower.
Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra

Claire said...

I look forward to your blog post! Such a talented family. Beautiful day here in Arkansas, too. Best wishes for a good doctor visit. Take care.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Lots of wonderful things to be thankful for. I love your pretty bracelelts. Hope your appoitnemnt was good one. My sister's PCP thinks she has Stage III Kidney disease. Her cardiologist thinks he is wrong. I sure hope so.Medical appointments to day are so stressful for me. I steer clear of them as much as I can. But I have an upcoming mammograma dn bone density test in April. We have rain turning to snow. No Spring for us just yet. Could be 4 inches, maybe 10 inches. I am happy when I see you here. Take care and enjoy the warmer weather.

Anne M Robinson said...

Praying your car will start. Always something with cars. Avery has a leak somewhere as the radiator fluid is leaking, he has an appointment for it on the 25th. My Kia has a low beam headlight out. Avery and Nick bought the light to replace it but it will not work so Eric at our auto shop will look at it when we bring the Jeep in. Praying.....

Theresa said...

Hope you get your car going quickly. What a beautiful gift and sweet card! Love the bracelets. Thank for the tip on the tomatoes. I will most certainly give it a try when we plant. Enjoy your day, hugs!

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad your weather is warming up! Those rhododendron buds look promising. Have a good day and I hope your appointment goes well.