Monday, March 28, 2022

Research Can Be Interesting

March 28, 2022

Good morning.  Tis gray with possible snow showers on the way.  Temps are only 25F degrees.  Hopefully, temps are going to start getting (and staying) warmer in just a few days.

I did a bit of crocheting this weekend and finished the crib blanket.


I found some new and very interesting yarn colors online and of course had to order some of it.  When it comes, I'll start a new crib blanket.  I like to keep a few of these on hand, just in case.  I also put a few rows on one of the afghans.  It will be a while before these are done.  They're not half done yet.

Are you happy?  Do you know why?  Is it maybe because you live in one of the happiest countries in the world?  Here's an interesting map (of happy countries) that I found on the web.


I wonder who makes up all these different informative maps.  It must be a very interesting job.  Think of all the wonderful things you would learn while doing the research for these maps.  I think I would love a job like that.

Today, I have some blog reading to get caught up with.  I never turned on my laptop over the weekend.  So, I think I'll first make a cup of coffee to enjoy while I'm reading blogs.  Now I'm on my way to the kitchen to make that coffee.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

I am happy today, but I am also grateful for so much. Right now it's my cozy apartment and my coffee. Have a great day and keep warm.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love maps...and yes I'm happy! Enjoy your day Miss Edna! Hugs!

smiekeltje said...

I am rather happy and that is okay. And happy to still live in a fairly good and safe country.
Your crib blanket looks beautiful. I found some interesting sites on youtube for crocheting. Think my next blanket might be with one of the stitches there.
Already love to watch those websites(a lot of them on Youtube).
We need sometimes more hours in a day, hahahaha.
Pity your weather is getting colder too, let's hope it is only for a very short time.
In the mean time, stay warm and safe, enjoy your new yarn that will come.
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was a good question today, Edna, because there is a lot of unhappiness in the world every day. I'm not sure whether living in what's considered a "happy" country will necessarily make everyone happy because the opposite is true for many. There are people living in "unhappy" countries that are happier than others. It all depends on your attitude and I consider myself happy in general and thankful for all that I have in my life, especially people. I was once given a coffee mug that read" We should Love people & like things" and I have never forgotten that.

The crib blanket you finished looks lovely and sure it will be enjoyed by any baby who uses it.
Also, it's bitter cold in NH too this a.m. and only 25 degrees at nearly 10 a.m.

Barbara said...

What an interesting map! Yes, I am happy. We need to focus on all that is going well in our lives, which helps to cope with those things that are not going well.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I've been looking at other maps recently. The happiest countries on your map seem to be the ones that have the highest carbon dioxide emissions, while those most at risk from climate change are mostly the unhappy ones. That makes sense. Your crib blanket makes much prettier viewing!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Those are pretty colors in the crib blanket. We have gray skies again today and had first rain then snow showers this morning. Still waiting for the sunny days of Spring to arrive:)