Monday, March 7, 2022

D.W.Field Park

March 7, 2022

Good morning.  Today I thought I'd share information about our beautiful park.  It's really quite lovely and spreads across two towns.  We have swans, ducks, geese, pigeons, sea gulls, and even a cormorant.  Awesome!





The above articles are found on Google.  I thought they explained the park much better than I could.  Here are a few more photos from the park.





Wouldn't it be nice if every city and town had a beautiful park like this?  It is so relaxing to take our lunch and park near one of the ponds and enjoy watching the birds.  

Now I'm off to do a big of blog reading.  I enjoy blogging and will continue to post here.  So, till next post, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.


8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

That does seem like a nice park. The tower is especially interesting. I'm surprised it's open only one day a year. Maybe they want to protect it from overuse to better preserve it?

Robin from P'ville said...

Love the park.

smiekeltje said...

Looks to be a beautiful park. I am glad we have some here too. A town/city needs to have spaces with greenery.
Hope you have a nice day, enjoy the blog hopping.
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, your city's park is really nice. We have some nice big parks here with a lot of nature too.

Rita said...

I hope you get out there this summer! Looks gorgeous. :)

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am seeing the ducks and geese everywhere. Those Canadian geese hang out here all year long. They are such polite pedestrians too. :-)
The park is lovely.
You share such joy, I sure love knowing you my friend.
Take care.

Beth Reed said...

The park is so lovely, and I enjoyed reading about it. I would love to be able to climb to the top of the tower. I am surprised that it is just open one day a year. I had to read that twice to make sure that I read it right.
It could be closed to keep vandalism at bay. And of course the sad fact that someone might climb up and jump. I am sure that the towns couldn't afford to hire security to help prevent that tragedy. But I did find the tower very interesting.

I will try and give you a call today, (Wednesday) and we can catch up. I have been busy since Thursday and am looking forward to a day with nothing planned. Stay warm my friend and we will talk soon. xoxoxoxo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, Thanks for the information on D.W. Field park which I learned is also listed on the National Register of Historic places as I checked online for a bit more information. I would find climbing to the top of the tower a bit exhausting myself. However, I would enjoy seeing the tower and the concrete pad with Daniel Field's handprints and footprints, and the inscription "Please Enjoy, Do Not Destroy D.W. Field Park." Hopefully, those who visit and enjoy the park comply with this request. It looks like a wonderful place to walk and enjoy nature and wildlife.