Wednesday, June 29, 2022

A Day For This And That

June 29, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be cloudy with temps in the mid eighties.  I'll sit out on the porch for a while until it gets too hot.  

I love being able to look around and see blossoms of all colors.  My roses are in different colors; red, pink, yellow and white.  One of these days, I'll have to get me some multi colored roses.  Here's a photo of my yellow roses.

I did get a new plant in the mail yesterday.  A Holiday Cactus.  It's going to have either yellow or white blossoms.  I can't wait for it to get big enough to bloom.  


I'm watching the Cartoon Show and let me tell you...some of these cartoons aren't even very funny.  I just watched Popeye and Pluto duke it out again.  Of course, Popeye won, but it was still a really silly cartoon.  I guess that's why they are written for children, not adults.

Today I'm going to get back to working on my afghans.  I really need them to be finished before Christmas.  One of them is at the half done mark and the other one is getting close to half done.  I'll be glad to get them done so that I can start a new project.

It's early so I think I'll head for the kitchen to see what's for breakfast.  So, till Friday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.  

3 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I think the color yellow is one of the best colors for flowers because it's such a happy color don't you think? I love your yellow rose:)

smiekeltje said...

Your roses look beautiful. And oh yes, roses with two colors look so beautiful too. There are soooo many roses to choose from. I once had a catalogue from england with all kind of special roses. Just to look at the pictures, yummie.
Isn;t it fantastic that you can sit on the porch now every now and then? This morning I had my coffee on the patio, gorgeous weather.
I don;t do uch crocheting at the moment, it will com back when cooler times come again.
You have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Hello Edna,

I love your yellow rose. Yellow roses always reminds me of that song, The Yellow Rose Of Texas.
Yellow seems to pop right in with cheerful colors.
If you would like a multicolored rose, one of my favorites is the Tropicana because it is a soft yellow on the outside and a soft pink center. Very easy to care for! Of course, I am not asking you to choose the Tropicana rose bush because it is my favorite, I only suggested it because of the yellow and pink in the color of the rose lol.
Funny that I say that is my favorite when in truth they are all my favorite lol.... xoxoxo