Friday, June 24, 2022

Super TV

June 24, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be in the seventies and mostly cloudy.  Tomorrow and Sunday will be hot and sunny.  This morning I'm watching the Cartoon show.  Some days I just have to feel sorry for the Coyote as he chases after the Road Runner.  He never wins.  Just once, you'd think the writers would let him win a little bit.

My morning (weekdays) TV is pretty good.  It starts with "Dragnet", then "My Three Sons", "Leave It To Beaver", "Perry Mason", "Matlock", and "In The Heat Of The Night".  That's five hours of awesome TV.  After that, I watch "Law & Order", "Blue Bloods" and the game shows.  Now you can see why I'm going to enjoy that TV on my porch.

Here's a photo of my tomatoes.  There are quite a few of them growing.


I learned a new word this week too.  Kerfuffle.  A kerfuffle is a disturbance or commotion typically caused by a dispute or conflict.  EX:  "In all the kerfuffle, nobody seemed to have noticed...."

There's a commercial on the TV now about a foldaway fan.  Did you know that people take fans with them when they go fishing, and out into the yard when they are gardening?  According to the television commercial they do.  I have never seen fans at either of these places.  

Here's a great image that I borrowed from the web.  I wish all folks would realize that when the ground is hot, it's probably too hot for your pets too.  


Now it's time for me to get back to my TV programs.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Your days are well filled with nice programs to watch. Good there is still something nice to watch on tv here and there.
Today and tomorrow we will have probably a little rain and some sunshine, but all our plants in the garden are jumping from joy because of that LOL.
and it saves again some days of having to water the garden.
When your little tv is on the proch give us a photo of it.
Have a wonderful weekend, with a lot of good tv to watch.
Take care.
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I haven't ever noticed people using fans when they are fishing or gardening either. I've seen quite a few people using fans at our State Fair held near the end of August. Most times they are just fans that are handed out at the booths. Hmmm, speaking of the State Fair, I can hardly wait for it. ha! So many things to see and eat:) Have a nice weekend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That word kerfunkle is a fun one, Edna. I have never seen a foldaway portable fan but wasn’t surprised to read that there such things available. People want to be outdoors, but not uncomfortable, it seems.

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
What Fun to have a fold away fan. I have not seen one or even heard of one, but not surprised since technology has advanced so much. My son and his wife bought me a portable swamp cooler. Of course, it wasn't called that. It had a different name, but I just filled the little bucket with water, and I had a portable air conditioner! If I just wanted a fan, I just didn't fill the bucket with water. It would freeze most people out of my granddaughters and my bedroom! I need so many things and that is on my list.

I love your tomato plant and I hope that you have a Boon this season!

Have a spectacular day my friend! xoxoxo

Anne Robinson said...

Aw...you love the same programs as we do! The pups make a quick outside trip and return to the house and the coolness of it quick fast!. They are smart staying close to the grassy area.
Your tomato plant is thriving. You are blessed my friend.