Monday, June 20, 2022

Happy Juneteenth

June 20, 2022

Good morning.  Today we celebrate Juneteenth.  It's a national holiday, but not everyone celebrates it.  Today is also my son Gary Jr's birthday.  Happy Birthday Gary Jr.  Have an awesome day.

Today will be sunny with temps in the seventies.  A super day to enjoy being outdoors.  My plants are loving these temps too.  I already have several little tomatoes on my plant.  That's more than last year's plant got all summer.

For some reason, I haven't been spending very much time crocheting.  This is not good.  These afghans will never get finished if I don't spend some time working on them.  Instead, I've been doing lots of puzzles. (Find A Word and Crossword)   I love doing puzzles.

I found this picture of the poison ivy plants.  It shows how each of them looks.  This is good to know, especially now when all the plants are growing.

I guess not everyone knew that today was a holiday because the whole neighborhood put out their trash barrels this morning.  No trash is being picked up today.  Trash will be picked up tomorrow.

Now I think I'll have a look in the refrigerator to see what's for lunch.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.



7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Your tomatoes will grow and grow, they look great. Hopefully they will taste as good too.
Happy Birthday to your Gary.

You will get to the crochet when temps will go down later in the year. Now some puzzles are a good time spending and you can do that too on the porch. Come on Eddie, install that little tv. When it will work, I am sure you will spend a lot more time on the porch. A nice drink on a little table, fantastic.
I went out to get some birdfood. The little sparrow consume a lot. I think we have a whole family there, with kids, papa, mama, aunts, uncles etc. LOL.
You have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy birthday to your son. We have lots of summer birthdays in our family too! Enjoy your afternoon! Hope it's nice to sit out on the porch!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I didn't know there was more than one kind of poison ivy. The trash was picked up in our neighborhood yesterday because our trash haulers didn't have the day off from work. I guess it's different in other states. We didn't get any mail though:) Good luck with your crochet projects but if you don't feel like crocheting, don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll get back to it when you feel more like doing it. Have a good day and I sure hope it's cooler where you live than it is here.

Steve Reed said...

Poison ivy is one thing I don't need to worry about here in the UK, thank goodness!

Buttercup said...

I haven't been spending much time on my puzzles. Somehow missed doing both the Monday and Tuesday crosswords, which are my favorites. Need to remedy that next week. Have a good Wednesday!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that your son,. Gary, had a wonderful birthday, Edna and he shares it with the latest federal holiday. I susp[ect there are many people who remain unaware of Juneteeth.

Beth Reed said...

Happy Birthday Gary Jr. I hope that you had a really Awesome Day!

Hi Edna,
It was so great to catch up with you and I am using the laptop that I used in Florida. The poor thing is so old now. It took a couple of hours to come on but I can use it for a little while, then I have to put it to sleep because the fan has gone out on it and it gets hot.
I set my new laptop back to factory settings and we will see what happens. I hope that the modem will reset, if not I am going to have to put it in the shop.

I have never been able to tell all the poisonous plants in the wild. I have tried but to me all I ever saw was green leaves! When I was younger, I just made sure to stay away from trees lol. When I was a kid, my dad would say don't play near that tree because of Poison Ivy, Oak or Sumac, so we did. I don't remember us girls having ever getting it as kids.

While the laptop is cool, I want to catch up on blog reading and I hope that I can work on my own blog as well... Hugs, xoxoxo