Friday, June 10, 2022

A New Book To Read

June 10, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be cloudy with temps nearing eighty degrees.  Another awesome day.  

I had ordered a new book and it came a couple days ago.  It's very slow reading though.  The book is called "Deacon's Crossbow" by David G. Brown.  It's about a crossbow killing on Interstate 95 on February 20, 1994.

The fellow with the crossbow (Donald Graham)  was my sister in law's husband.  They were on their way home from dancing class when this whole episode happened.   In court, Donald was sentenced to life in prison without parole.  Want to know what heppened?  You can find the book on Amazon for $15.00.  Or maybe your library has a copy that you can borrow.

On a happier note, I have yellow roses in bloom.  They really are quite beautiful.  Have a lookee.


I love roses of all colors but there is something special about yellow ones.  They are sort of like sunshine on a stem.  Oh so very beautiful.

I haven't been crocheting much lately so I guess that's what I'll do this afternoon.  I need to work on the afghans or they'll never get finished.  You can be sure that it will be a very long time before I make anything with blue and green yarns again.  (colors in the afghans)

Now it's time to make a cup of coffee and some breakfast.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The roses are very beautiful to see and must surely cheer you, Edna, when you are sitting on your porch! I am not sure I would want to buy the book, Deacon's Cross, but I did check out if it was available in our local library and it was not. But, the story is featured on a podcast called True Murder, which includes an interview with Donald Graham, the convicted crossbow killer, and I may listen to it. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend, and yes the New England weather has been wonderful!

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, some history in your family. What an aweful thing that happened. Not the very happiest of books to read.
Your yellow roses are lovely. Yellow always makes the surroundings glow.
We've had nice weather too here, and it will be for some days more.
I am not doing much crocheting either lately. It will come back one day LOL.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy your time on the porch. When will you have yur little tv??
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Well, that crossbow incident sounds like a dramatic story! I imagine it can get tiresome to spend a lot of time on one crocheting project, with the same colors over and over.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll see if my library has a copy. I love your blooms! Enjoy your afternoon!

Theresa said...

Your roses are beautiful! LOVE the yellow! I am a bit backed up on reading, but I will add that book to my list. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I had to google Deacon Crossbow and found some video to watch on the incident. Very sad. We have a lot of road rage these days. I really like your yellow roses and I feel the same about yellow tulips... they just brighten our days a little bit more. Have a wonderful weekend!

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
I vaguely remember haring something about a crossbow murder years ago. It seems to me that my mother told me about it. Mom loved true crime and true detective stories, so we probably discussed it or something like it. Our world really is a small place, isn't it?

Enjoy those gorgeous yellow roses. When I had Laurie, my husband went to the Tyler Rose Garden and he bout me hundreds of yellow roses. He put some in each bedroom and sprinkled them all thru the house. Yellow roses have a special place in my heart and in my life to this day, they are my favorite rose.

Have a fantastic day my friend. xoxoxoxoxox