Monday, June 6, 2022

Such A Beautiful Day!

June 6, 2022

Good morning.  Today is a really nice day.  Sunny with temps in the high seventies.  An awesome day!  You know I'll be sitting out on the porch for a while today. 

I keep a big bag of junk mail out on the porch.  So, I can get rid of junk mail or I can crochet while I enjoy sitting out there.  I think there should be a porch on every house.  

It's time to start looking around for a little dog.  Every day I check the local sites (on the web) but so far I haven't found any small dogs.  By small I mean ten pounds and under.  Preferably around six pounds.  I'll just keep looking.

Here's a photo that Audrey sent to me.  There's a nest with baby wrens on her porch.  Aren't they just the cutest!


I'm watching the "Dinosaur Train" this morning.  I realize it's a kids' program but it's really interesting.  Today I'm learning all about butterflies.  I wonder what it would be like to be on a real dinosaur train.  Hmmm!

I'm expecting a package so I keep watching for a delivery.  I ordered a dragon to put on my porch railing (just to decorate).  Isn't this an awesome dragon?  


Now I'm going to check the refrigerator to see what's for lunch.  After I eat, I'll go sit out on the porch for a while.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, those baby birds were sweet to see, Edna, and that's what we thought when we had our VA house with a front porch to sit outside. Seems the barn swallows liked the porch too and made a nest and when the young ones hatched and started being fed, well you can guess what happened next on the porch...we would put newspapers down and could not wait until they were able to fledge and fly away. In future years, we made sure to discourage all birds from nesting. Did you get the dragon statue to discourage anything?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The baby birds are so precious. It sure is nice when the weather is good and you can sit outside some!

smiekeltje said...

What a lovely photo from the baby birds! And i love your dragon. It is really one from a Harry Potter film or so. Great.
I am sure one day you will find your little dog. Somewhere he or she is waiting for you.
Good idea to have some of the junkmail on the proch. When enjoying the birds and nic temperatures, your hands stay a bit busy, and without really knowing the junkmail disappears.
Have a wonderful day, and the next ones too.
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

That dragon looks like it might scare the wrens away!