Wednesday, June 8, 2022

We Needed This Rain

June 8, 2022

Good morning.  Today is wet (raining) and temps will be in the seventies, maybe even hit 80 degrees.  It's definitely a great day for sitting out on the porch.  Today I'll order a small TV that Eddie will hook up on the porch for me.  

I'm watching "Concentration" on TV this morning, hosted by Jack Narz.  I think of all the show hosts, Mr. Narz is the least enjoyable to watch.  (to me)   I'm not really sure why this is, I just know that I don't find him very interesting.  

Jack Narz hosted Concentration from 1973 to 1978.  He died October 15, 2008.  I looked him up on Google, and he sounded really interesting.  Just not to me, I guess.  

Today I did something I've never done before.  I turned OFF Perry Mason and tuned in to a game show.  The character that Perry was playing seemed to turn me off.  Gosh, I hope this doesn't happen again.

My plant "Twiggy" is starting to grow.  I noticed yesterday that it has gotten bigger.  Later, I'll go out and take a photo of it.  Twiggy is a Hummingbird Mint plant.  I'm really interested to see what it will look like when it gets big enough to be planted in the ground.

My outdoor plants are doing really well.  Here's a photo that Deanne took yesterday.  See all the yellow flowers on my tomato plant?  I hope this means lots of tomatoes.  (maybe I should take a close up photo of this plant.)

Now I think it's time for me to check the refrigerator to see what looks good for lunch.  So, till Friday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

We too have rain almost all day. For me it is enouh for a few days, LOL.
Your plants look so bright and happy. I don;t know about the tomato plant, but may you will need a support for it when it grow a bit bigger. Never can do harm, you know. If you are having a lot of flowers, there will be lots of tomatoes and they can be heavy on the branch.I a m curious about Twiggy too.
Funny that sometimes favourite series or shows suddenly can irritate you, or don't are interesting suddeny for a short while, I notice it with me to.
Oh nice, soon you will be able to sit longer on the porch and be able to watch you programs. What luxury!! And you are right to treat yourself.
Tomorrow should be almost dry again, so then I will go out.
Yesterday we had a nice visit, I will tell about it in my blog on Sunday.
Have a wonderful day, hope you tv comes quick.
Hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I just bought two tomato plants yesterday but they are smaller than yours. I usually have good luck with tomato plants here and one year I made several trips to the Food Shelter with fresh tomatoes as i couldn't eat or give them away fast enough. I had planted 4 plants that year. Home grown tomatoes are the best aren't they?

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We are on our second planting of tomato plants, the first set were devoured by the deer :(
Your flowers are a lovely variety of colors, they'll make a beautiful sunshiny
palette in Summer.
Hugs,
~Jo

Steve Reed said...

Your flowers are looking beautiful! I remember watching "Concentration" back in the '70s but I don't remember Jack Narz at all. So I guess I didn't find him very interesting either!

"Perry Mason," like all shows, had some off episodes that just weren't very good.

May tomorrow's TV watching be better!

Barbara said...

When my family had their first TV, on loan from our land lord, we could get only two stations. That was in about 1956 -- look at all the stations we can get now!!! It's good we now have more choices.

Beth Reed said...

I missed saying that I knew Twiggy would start growing and I hope you have a bumper crop of Tomatoes. My eyesight is really diminishing. Love you to the moon and back!! xoxoxo