Monday, June 27, 2022

Unexpected Bravery

June 27, 2022

Good morning.  Tis nice today.  Cloudy, but nice.  It's a great day for doing yard work.  For me, it's a great day to get rid of junk mail.  

I've been reading my book about women and children in the Civil War.  It's amazing how many women and children were actually taking part in the war.  Very very brave people.  Here are photos of two women who fought in the Civil War.  Loreta Janeta Velaquez and Sarah Emma Edmonds.


I think these women are just amazing!  And the children too, that worked alongside their heros.  Here are photos of the Howe Brothers, Orion and Lyston.  Just imagine them fighting a war so that you and I could live free.


The book is "Unexpected Bravery"  (Women and Children of the Civil War)  by A.J Schenkman/  If you look it up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

It's almost noon now so I'll be checking the fridge to see what's for lunch.  Enjoy your day.  I'll see you again on Wednesday.  Stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love reading books about strong women in history. For fun, have you read the Miss Kopp series by Amy Stewart? You would LOVE it...very easy to read and based on true events.

Beth Reed said...

Edna,

It is Friday for me.... I forgot what day you posted and it wasn't your Friday duh... lol... Have a great day anyway! xxx

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness that book sounds so interesting. Avery had a relative who served in the confederate army. When he came home to his wife and ten children, he was leaning againsit their stove when he was struck by lightening and perished. His father's people lived in the South and came here from Ulster Province Ireland.
Your lillies are strikingly beautiful. W O W !
Stay cool my friend.