Monday, June 13, 2022

A Busy New Day

June 13, 2022

Good morning.  It rained a bit during the night, enough to leave a big puddle at the end of my driveway.  Today will be cloudy/sunny with temps around eighty degrees.  A good day to sit out on the porch for a while.  

I should read a chapter or two in my book too.  Normally I don't stop reading a book until I've reached the end of it but this one is different.  It's not my kind of "fun" reading so it's taking me a bit longer to read it.

This weekend, Joe cleaned the whole driveway.  My driveway is the size of a small yard.  It's more like a parking lot than a driveway, and it looks really nice now.  With all the trees in my yard, there's always tons of leaves, cones, twigs, etc all over the driveway.

Here's a photo of Twiggy.  You can see that is growing now.

Kevin's baseball season has started up again.  Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie went to Kevin's game and took this photo of him playing.  I'll have to make it one or two of his games too.  I do enjoy watching him play ball.

I think this will be a good week to wash my dresses.  Three or four of them need to be washed, and this is great weather for hanging them out on the line to dry.  Do any of you still hang clothes out on a line to dry after washing them?   I know most folks use a dryer these days, but there is something special about how clothes smell after drying out on a clothesline.  So fresh!

Today I have one more picture to share that I downloaded from the web.  How adorable is this little dog sniffing the rose?  Just beautiful!

Now I'm off to get a cold bottle of water and watch a bit of TV.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

A cleaned up driveway, nice of Joe. Nice photo of Kevin in action. and Twiggy definately is growing! Exciting.
Sometimes I hang out a few things on a line to dry, mostly I hang the laundry on a rack in a spare room. But yes, it seems it dries different and smells different, LOL.
Adorable photo of that dog and the rose.
Have a lovely day, my friend, hope the weather stays great.
Hugs
Kyra

Barbara said...

Cute dog! Looks a lot like the two Cocker Spaniels I had for many years.

No, I don't use a clothesline. I think more people might use them if they were not restricted by HOAs (home owners associations). HOAs serve a good purpose but sometimes quash good things, too.

Enjoy your week!

Steve Reed said...

I much prefer clothes from a clothesline over clothes from a dryer.