Monday, April 4, 2016

Yikes! It's Snowing Again Today

April 4, 2016

Good morning.  Oh yes, it's snowing again here in New England.  Wow, yesterday the weather just couldn't figure out what to do.  Once the snow finally stopped and the sun came, the wind picked up and got quite feisty.  The next minute, the clouds moved in and the snow started up again.  Finally later in the day it all settled down and we enjoyed some gorgeous sunshine. 

However, the snow that fell was wet and heavy, and totally buried all my beautiful daffodils.  Oh dear!  So after Joe went out and shoveled a bit, I went out and tried to find all my daffies that were hidden beneath the snow.  The poor little darlings were all bent over and frozen.  I picked what I could find and brought them in the house.  These are some of the ones I managed to uncover.




 
And here they are all snuggled together in a glass of water.  They look so pretty on my counter.
 
 

 
Right now, it is 25F degrees, and the snow is coming down at a pretty good clip, and the flakes are big.  It looks like another heavy wet snow.  The forecast is for three to six more inches.  Oh goodie goodie!!   I have a huge hyacinth plant in my garden that was just beginning to blossom yesterday.  I hope this new snow doesn't hurt it.
 
******I just cut the top off a trash bag box and took it outside and put it over the hyacinth plant to protect it.  I hope it works.  However, I don't recommend you going out in the snow wearing flip flops.  Oh my, it is a bit cooling on the feet.  But it was worth it if it keeps the plant alive. 
 
Yesterday afternoon there was a robin near the front of my yard trying desperately to find worms and other goodies beneath all the snow.  This morning, there are two robins sitting in the bush right outside the kitchen window.  I took this photo when the snow first started falling this morning.
 
 
Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie stopped by Walmart and picked up my meds so that I wouldn't have to go out in the snow.  Am I a lucky mom or what?   When they were leaving to go home, I found two more daffies in my garden, so I picked them and gave them to Deanne. 
 
So, how did my corned beef and cabbage dinner turn out?  Mmm, mmm, mmm delicious!!  I found out that Pogo likes corned beef.  He had it for supper last night, and then again for breakfast this morning. 
 
Of course with just Pogo and me, that whole pot of food becomes left overs.  And that's the best part.  You put some butter in a large frying pan and toss in a mix of all the veggies and meat.  Stir it all up together, and ooooooooh!  Heavenly!!  This was a favorite meal for me and my brother Artie.  He always cooked up enough to feed an army so that we would have lots of left overs. 
 
Have you seen the newest Allstate Insurance ad on TV?  It's hilarious, and reminds me of something that would happen to me.  The woman yanks the hose that is stuck, which in turn pulls down the downspout and rips the gutter right off the roof.  This in turn knocks over the tall ladder with what looks like a large can of paint on top of it and everything goes crashing through the large picture window in the living room.  Oh yes, I can definitely relate to this!!
 
On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B. 

6 comments:

Nani said...

I love that Allstate ad! Their ads are great. They one about DIY projects is my current favorite. "Be protected from mayhem - like you"

Your success with the corned beef is really making me want to try it again. I'm pretty sure David will like it. :)

I used your quick page from yesterday in a layout you inspired! It's on my blog. But you are indeed getting pranked by Mother Nature way bigger than us. You have prettier spring flowers! I'm glad you got some of the daft in the house in water. I hope the protection for the hyacinth works.

Stay warm and dry!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Anything cooked up in butter is always good. I've not seen the All State ad, sounds funny and will have to watch for it.

Karen said...

We are getting the same weather. I am glad you rescued your daffodils. The robins in my yard look quite confused with all the white stuff!

Snowy said...

It seems we have better weather here in the normally rainy, windy and grey UK. Several days with sunshine now and temperatures are not too bad. I'm hoping it will still be this way come Thursday when my weekend starts and I have a few days off work. But knowing my luck it will probably rain until I start work again,lol.I need to catch up on my challenges as well, including a photography one ;)

Scarette said...

I just happened upon your wonderful blog! Your photos are wonderful and they accompany the most interesting stories. I just wanted you to know you have a new fan.

AND

It is pretty darn COLD here in Michigan too!

smiekeltje said...

No fun all that snow. And I understand the robins that they are confused.
Nice of Deanne and Eddie to pick up your meds. They are such angels.
I guess for you to do is best to stay in and kind of hibernate and wait till the snow has left LOL.
Hey, I wanted to do laundry and some vacuum cleaning yesterday, remember? well, I did so, isn;t that wonderful? For once a plan beacame reality ROFL!
Don;t worry all too much about your garden plants. Tehy are sometimes much tougher than we think.
Oh yes, left overs are sometimes better than the meal we made at the day.
Specially fried in a pan with some real butter.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra