Monday, April 18, 2016

Methinks Spring Has Done Sprung!!

April 18, 2016

Good morning.  Tis another gorgeous sunny and warm day.  I absolutely love it!!  It is already 66F degrees, a great day to be outside.  Maybe after I finish a few small chores, Pogo and I will go out and sit in the yard for a while.

Yesterday was a rather quiet day.  I had me a little nap in the afternoon, and then watched a few Law and Order re-runs.  Last evening, I worked on a turquoise afghan.  I like to have more than one project going so that I don't get bored.  When you make a lot of the same thing, it can get just a bit boring sometimes.


This year, Red Nose Day falls on May 26th.  All funds raised are used to help children living in poverty in this country and others around the world.  My grandson Stephen gave me this photo of himself and my great grandson Nicolas proudly showing off their red noses.  (Stephen's dad is my son Gary.  Nico's mom is Gary's daughter Shanna.)


Audrey and Mac's son, John, is in the Navy and stationed on a carrier so they aren't able to get everyone together all at the same time very often.  This past week they had a wonderful reunion, and  Audrey sent me this photo of their two kids, John and Andi. 


I think when my time on this earth is done, I will have left behind me quite a legacy.  It's amazing how just one person (well, with the help of another) can create such a large family. 

SIL Eddie is on his way here to finish off the outside electrical work.  I was hoping to get another estimate for the porch by now, but so far, I only have the one.  I guess I'll have to decide soon whether or not to hire the one fellow who gave me the estimate.  Once I've hired someone, I can be sitting out on the new porch in just a few weeks.

Well, I think I'd best get dressed and get started on this beautiful new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Wow... Spring really has Sprung where your at. For us, we are still under the gun with storms and flash flooding but I think that we are out of the worse of it now.

Lovely photos and so glad that their was a family reunion. It sure feels good to have family. I love mine with all my heart and do what I can to help, but it is going to be good to be back home and in my routine. The baby is sick so it is hard on him and me.

I hope that you be your front porch! I know that you and Pogo would have such wonderful hours sitting out looking at all the gorgeous flowers, birds and other critters.

Dante is calling me. I need to tend to him. Oh I forgot to tell you that Jonathan came over yesterday and brought Cisco. He had a blast. The kids too. They were sneaking him Animal Crackers until Jon caught them. Cisco and kids were sad to see the animal crackers be put away, lol... Take care, Beth

smiekeltje said...

You have a wonderful family and it is good to see that although they have different lives and sometimes at great distance of eachother they manage at times to get together.
Enjoy the lovely weather.
we have some rather nice one too, so Jan and i got already dressed to go out and find us some little plants that are in a kind of promotion(low price hahaha).
have to go now.
Hug
Kyra