Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Cute Projects To Sew

April 26, 2016

Good morning.  Today is overcast with temps in the mid 40's.  Not a bad day to do a couple errands.  I think Pogo and I will go out early so that we can be home before it decides to rain. 

Yesterday I did not get much done in the way of chores.  A friend was in need of help, and that took up most of the day.  I slept pretty good last night though, and hopefully my friend is feeling a bit better now.

I got an email saying that the yarn that I ordered has been shipped.  Woo Hoo!  I think I'll try working on that Cozy Cocoon cardigan in between afghans. I found a couple cute projects that some of you might want to try. This first one is a "tee shirt" dress.  It's made from either two or three tee shirts.  With a little imagination, there are so many cute ways to make this dress.


The other item that I found is a "tank top" broomstick dress.  Pick your favorite color tank top, and use your imagination to make a really pretty skirt bottom.  Such simple ways to make a really pretty summer wardrobe.


There's really not much going on here right now.  I think today will be an easy, lazy day.  When we get back from doing our errands, I think maybe I'll wash a couple of Pogo's blankets and maybe chase a few dust bunnies.  Then I have to decide on a couple things about the new porch and make a call to the contractor.  It's time to get that project started.

Now I'm going to finish my coffee and get ready to go out.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Debby said...

So nice of you to help your friend. Sometimes everything else gets put n the back burner when you are needed.
I like those dresses.
Hugs to you and PoGo

smiekeltje said...

I am amazed sometimes of people's creativity. Out of almost nothing they can make something.
Today we have our King's day, birthday of our King and he and his family will visit a town in the Netherlands. it will be all on tv, so probably Jan and i will watch it for a while. I pity them, because it is rather bad weather, it's cold, very windy, rainshowers, hailshowers, not the best weather to be outside. specially not in the aerea where they will visit(in the East of the country).
You have a lovely day,
hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Those are some clever ideas for making dresses.