Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spending An Afternoon In Never Land

April 17, 2016

Good morning. The sun is shining and it is 44F degrees.  In a few hours, it will be 60F degrees.  Woo Hoo!  I do believe that Ms. Spring is trying her best to get here. 

I don't know if SIL Eddie will be by today or tomorrow to finish up the electrical work.  It all depends on the kids' schedules.  If not today, then hopefully tomorrow.  There's a hill of dirt running across the grass where the ditch for the underground tubes are, and I want to have it leveled so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.  First, I have to wait until Eddie's work is finished.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, and I went to see Jazzy perform in Peter Pan.  She played one of the Pirates and one of the Indians.  Our Jazzy is a trouper.  Yesterday before she left for the school, she dropped the curling iron onto her leg and got a nasty burn.  Eddie (the proud papa) dressed the burn as best he could, and Jazzy went to the school.  After all, the show must go on.

It was a delightful play, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I took lots of photos and videos with my cell phone, and posted a few to Facebook.  Here are a few of the photos.  This first one is some of the Pirates.  Jazzy is the one with the black top and pink and red skirt.


This photo shows Peter Pan, Tinkerbell (in green) and the fairies, the Lost Boys, and John and Michael.


In this photo, Wendy, John and Michael are coming back home after a fabulous visit to Never Land.


After the show, Jazzy and her friend John (another Pirate) posed with me in the hallway.  I don't understand, but this photo makes me look as though I'm shrinking. 


As I was getting into my car to go home, I noticed a beautiful moon in the sky.  I love it when the moon is visible against a blue sky.


When I got home, it was close to supper time.  While I was thinking about what I might cook for Pogo and myself, Joe and Mike (dwarfs) invited us to share their supper with them.  Chicken, gravy, stuffing, green beans and mashed potatoes.  Yum Yum!!  (Pogo had two helpings of chicken!)

In the evening, I chatted a while with daughter Audrey, and then it was off to an early visit with the Sandman.  I must say, it was a beautiful day. 

Well, that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

She is such a talented young woman. It's so fun to be part of their lives and watch them blossom into adults. I don't think you're shrinking and I hate to be the one to tell you this...but you are short girl.

Edna B said...

Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha. Oh my, thank you QJ for my morning chuckle!!
Hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Edna,

Oh you have been busy, but I bet that it was delightful to watch the play and sit back and enjoy Neverland.

I am at my daughters still. I love my grandkids but at this age they are so active and I have been slowing down lol.

I will have to get Pogo a Birthday card. Oh what a neat cake. I have never seen one like it. How fun it will be and I sure hope that he will have a bite. I am hoping he will have a slice!

Well the baby is needing me, trying to drag me out of my chair to show me something that I am sure will end up with me saying No and he crying.... Oh Joy... ttyl... Beth

Debby said...

Your granddaughter is so pretty. I like her outfit ha, I really do. They are tall so you aren't shrinking.
Nice of the dwarfs to share with you.
Hugs

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, Eddie is really making haste with the electric!
It must have been a wonderful day, seeing Jazzy perform again in such a nice play.
Love the photo of you, Jazzy and her friend and after some thought I decided, that a lot of youth(like Jazzy's friend)grow up sooo tall, so probably you are just the length you have which isn;t one of the talles, to be honest LOL but no, you aren;t shrinking.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra