Friday, April 15, 2016

Spring Is Trying To Settle In Here

April 15, 2016

Good morning.  It's another beautiful sunny morning here in my little part of New England.  The temperature is 44F degrees, but will soon be in the mid 50's.  It's a lovely Spring day.

Yesterday, I had another contractor here to get an estimate for building my little porch.  He will get back to me by Sunday or Monday with the figures.  Today I will try to arrange for a third contractor to check out my project and give me an estimate.  Then I will have to make a decision on who to hire.

I need to call the tree company today to see when they are planning to come out and remove the dead limbs from a couple of my trees.  Buds are appearing on some of the trees, and I would like this tree work done before starting on the porch.

Yesterday's mail brought my cable bill, and it nearly floored me.  It was way higher than it should have been so I called the cable company.  They said that the higher amount was due to price increases.  I told them that unless they did something to lower my bill, I would be calling Verizon to see about switching to them.  They finally decided to make some changes on my bill and now it is back to affordable.  For now.

Today I have the last of my birdie photos from the last two snowfalls.   I may not like seeing the snow fall, but I sure do love all the beautiful birds that it brings to our feeders.




Today I think I'll run the vacuum around a bit before I start on any chores.  If I wait till later, I won't get it done.  I think I'll take Pogo for a walk around the yard too.  He will enjoy that.  I can't wait till we have the porch where he can run around and still be safe.

Well, that's about all my news for today.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a magnificent weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

It is really terrible, what some companies do to a bill without giving you at least any warning. And it is very strange that if you take the trouble to contact them and say you are thinking of changing company or may be even call upon a lawyer to look into the contract they suddenly change your bill to more reasonable amounts!
We have a porgram here on tv where people can put in their troubles concerning those kind of things, or having bought something that seems to be of poor quality but don;t get a change of product or money back, all that kind of things.
And suddenly because tv is involved they can be very nice to the cusomer and find a good solution etc.
But it;s a real shame that this happens all the time.
The next few days we will not have all too splendid weather. Wind will change to NW and NE, which isn;t good, and there will be rainshowers. Still at times a bit of sunshine, but not really good enough to be in the garden for long.
Oh well, it will come, I hope in a few weeks.
ou have a great weekend, hopefully you will find a good contractor who can do the job for a reasonable price.
Hugs
Kyra