Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Time For Hearts To Heal

April 7, 2016

Good morning.  It's a bit warmer here today, but it is going to be raining most all day.  At least it's not snow.  Most of our snow has melted.  This is one clump of daffodils trying to survive in this last snow.


This is my huge hyacinth plant that I covered over with a trash bag box to keep it safe from the snow and ice.

 
Tuesday night the temperature dropped so low (only 20F degrees at daybreak) that all my plants started withering from the cold and ice.  These are some of the lilies that grow along the front edge of my hedge.  I'm hoping today's warmer temps will help them to perk up.


Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day, and SIL Eddie, Pogo and I went to visit Aunt Lucy.  We had a wonderful visit, and she told Eddie that he has to come back and bring his family, and she will cook up some tasty spaghetti and meatballs.  Of course, we agreed that we'd all come back for that.   

Eddie took a couple photos of Lucy and me, and I used one of my recent QP's to scrap the memory.  We've lost so many years, and have a lot of catching up to do.


I should explain.  When my brother and I were very young, we had lots of aunts and uncles and cousins.  However, by the time I was around eight or nine, my mother started cutting us off from the whole family.  As she cut them off, they no longer existed.  As the years went by, she did this to most everyone, including my brother and I. 

Today, she might have been diagnosed as Bi-Polar, but back then it was unheard of.  We all thought she just did not want any of us in her life anymore.  Obviously, this created a lot of sadness for a lot of us.  My brother and I grew up with no family, just ourselves. 

Anyway, I never saw Aunt Lucy again until one day in the late 80's.  I had found my Uncle Freddie and he took my brother and I to see Aunt Lucy.  The next time I saw her was this past February.  I don't want to lose track of her again.  It's amazing, but we have so much in common.  Plus it's nice to have someone to call "Auntie."

Aunt Lucy has a big fluffy cat, and Pogo was having a grand time barking at the kitty to let it know who was boss.  Unfortunately for Pogo, kitty just hissed to let him know that they were not going to be playing buddies.  Hmmm, maybe next time Pogo.

DIL Janet was by last evening, and shared her good news.  She hasn't seen he step daughter for more than twenty years, when her first marriage broke up and the hubby took his daughter and moved away.  Years later, Janet tried unsuccessfully to find the girl.  Unbeknown to her, the step daughter had also been looking for Janet. 

A few days ago, the phone rang and it was the step daughter.  Oh my, this is wonderful.  Janet and her step daughter will be getting together next month.  I think this is so exciting.  I know the feeling when big holes in your heart begin to heal.  I am so happy for Janet and her step daughter.

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,

What a heart warming post today! I love your QP scrap page of you and Aunt Lucy! Just beautiful and so glad that the two of you can stay in touch.

What great news of Janet's stepdaughter. How amazing. Kind of like my Derrick. We text a lot but his job took him out west so he never got to come visit but he lets me know how he is.

I have the dreaded toe surgery today. I have to shower and get ready to go but still feel really dizzy and have not been well. But soon I have to take Cisco out and get dressed. It is too late to change the appointment. When I get home I am going to go straight back to bed.

Have a wonderful day... Love, Cisco and Beth

smiekeltje said...

Life just has sometimes such amazing things for us in store. Sad things, obviously, but also wonderful and happy things. Like you meeting again your aunt Lucy, and janet coming in touch again with her stepdaughter.
I guess you all will have hours to spend to catch up with all that happened in your lives.
Oh boy, often kitties and digs don't like eachother too much. So Pogo will have no kitty friend at aunt Lucy's. well, at least he will have enough to get excited when you go visiting her again. All that barking and showing off to the kitty is hard work LOL!
Well, time for me to write a little post, so till next time,have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra