Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pogo Has Made A New Friend

April 19, 2016

Good morning.  I thought we might be having rain today, but so far it is rather pretty outside.  The sun is shining, just not very brightly and it is 44F degrees.  Actually not bad for a Spring day.  It may still rain, but that's okay.

So far this morning has been quite hectic.  I had an early appointment with a technician from Comcast Cable Co to come in and install a new cable Xfinity box.  Unfortunately, they sent me a really rude and not too bright installer.  I finally had to call the cable company because the technician was yelling and saying that he was going to leave with my old box without showing me how to use this new system.

While on the phone, the service person asked to speak with the installer.  I handed him my phone and he immediately took it off speaker phone and walked outside so I could not hear.  Next he started yelling at me and threw my phone in the door onto my floor, and left with my old cable box.  And they call this service?????

My call did not disconnect, and the lady on the phone stayed on long enough to talk me through the basic steps that I needed to know about this new system.  No one at the company had told me that when the boxes were switched, all of my saved DVR recordings would be lost forever.

The person on the phone helped me to find my missing program episodes on "Demand", and stayed with me until we actually had one of them taping over to my DVD player.  Now this is what I call excellent service.  This took quite a while.  I told her how much I appreciated  everything she had done for and with me, and thanked her for her help.

Phew!!   I record all the episodes of Project Runway and its spin-offs onto DVD's and send them to my daughter Audrey.  They cannot get any cable service out in the cornfields (where she lives) and this is one of her favorite TV programs.  I have now successfully recorded the first two episodes of Project Runway All Stars on to a disc.  Yeah!!!  I will do more later.

This afternoon, Pogo and I are going to daughter Deanne's house.  Some of my great grandchildren will be there, including baby Ali, and I am looking forward to seeing the kids.  Every so often, Deanne offers to take the kids for an overnight visit.  This gives their mommy an evening to herself, and a chance for the rest of us to be with the kids for a while. 

Yesterday, SIL Eddie came by and finished the outside electrical work.  My grandson Kevin also came by and I gave him a crystal baseball and stand that was engraved with his initials.  I am very proud of Kevin.  Here's a photo of him in his team uniform.  Oh my, if my Michael were here, he would be thrilled beyond thrilled.


While they were here, dwarf Helen, who has been visiting at her sister's house, came home to get something, and brought her sister's rescued doggie with her.  Penny is a delightful doggie, and Pogo just loved her.  He immediately wanted to play, and after a while, Penny decided to play too.  This first photo is dwarf Helen bending down to pet Pogo.  The second photo shows Penny and Pogo getting to know each other.



It was difficult to get some good photos because these two did not stand still for more than a second or two.  At one point I tried to get a small video of them playing.  It's not the greatest, but I uploaded the video to Facebook.

All in all, these two doggies had a fabulous time playing with each other, and Penny has been invited back again to play some more.  I can't tell you how thrilled I was to watch Pogo having so much fun.

The sun is starting to shine a bit brighter, and it's time for me to get a few things done around here before Pogo and I head over to Deanne and Eddie's house.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Edna,
You should definitely make a complaint about that installer. Not only was that not professional it sounds downright scary. I would be on the phone making a complaint and one written as well. If it is in written form they have to acknowledge the complaint. Something that I did not know until my daughter Karyn told me when I needed to make a complaint on my diabetic shoes.

The weather here has been dreadful as far as the rain and those poor people in Houston. It's really bad. I have friends there that are stuck. They are trying to get the kids out of a school where they have been since Friday. Hospitals and nursing homes have been evacuating as much as possible. Over 900 rescues and 6 deaths at this point. My son and daughter have not gotten paid yet because their checks come out of Houston and Fed Ex can't deliver so I am not sure when they will be able to get paid and I know that they need their money.

I saw Pogo playing with his new friend. How adorable and great news that your going to be able to visit with the kids and baby Ali.

Well I have a 2 year old that has been sick and we went out and had lunch at Subway. I was so glad to see that he was able to eat and drink. He had a cup of broccoli and cheese soup and a slice of Pizza and lots of crackers and a dr. Pepper. I am going to try and get him to lay down for a nap as he is really tired and getting cranky. Have a great time... talk to you soon. Beth

smiekeltje said...

What a rude installer! Perhaps you should write a complaint about this behaviour to the company. You were lucky that the lady at the phone was so helpful and that in the end you knew how to deal with the new box.
Penny looks all so nice and what great that pogo made her friendship and had a wonderful time.
And I am sure you will have some wonderful time too seeing all the kids at Deanne's house.
Have a terrific time there.
Hug
Kyra