Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It's Time To Start Work In The Gardens

April 20, 2016

Good morning.  Gosh, I love this Spring weather.  The sun is shining, and the flag is dancing slowly in the breeze.  It's 50F degrees, and later we'll probably get up to around 60 degrees.  Pogo and I have had our breakfast and the birds and critters have all been fed.  It's a beautiful day.

After all the chaos with the new cable system yesterday, the rest of the day was wonderful.  Pogo and I went to Dee and Eddie's house and had a super time.  Pogo was thrilled to see Sassy (Dee's doggie) and was trying to make "no no's" with her.  Oh oh, time for Sassy to go outside and play until Pogo leaves.  Ah well, Pogo will get over it.

The rest of us had fun playing with baby Ali.  She is such a happy baby!  Dee was having a video call on her phone with Kevin's girlfriend, and Ali was super fascinated with the face on the phone.  She kept grabbing for the phone and plunking kisses all over it.
 
 
When Pogo and I were leaving to go home, Ali tried grabbing Pogo and smacking kisses all over him too.  I had to hold his paws so he would not accidently scratch her.  Pogo wasn't all that excited about being loved by the baby.
 
 
When I got home, I tried to remember how to tape a few episodes of my program.  Wow!  I actually managed to do it right!   However, I'm still not getting the hang of how to change channels, and there's quite a few buttons on the remote that I don't dare touch.  But I'm okay for now.  Of course, by the time I figure most of this out, there will be another new system.  Oy vey!
 
I must say though, that this new system is going to make a lot more people lazy.  You really don't have to press any buttons at all to change a channel or find a particular program.  Just hold down a button, tell the remote what you want, and let go of the button.  Voila!!  It does all the work for you.  I tried it out, but I still want to learn how do it the old fashioned way.
 
Daughter Audrey sent me a photo of all her little cucumber plants.  She and her granddaughter planted them, and now they are all starting to grow.  Gosh, I hope we can start working in our gardens this coming weekend.  Here's a photo of Audrey's seedlings.  I see lots of home made pickles coming in a few months.  Yum! Yum!
 
 
I borrowed a really interesting image from the web to share with you.  It's a fantastic way to recycle a wooden pallet.  Wow, this looks great!
 
 
Well that's about all my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I finally got out to my garden today and planted some flowers. Hopefully tomorrow it will be the tomatoes and sunflowers. So great that the weather is nice again. It's in the high 70s and low 80s. That's a lot of cucumbers!

smiekeltje said...

Glad you could relax at DeeDee's after that cable hustle.
Baby Ali is such a cutie!!!!!!!! If Pogo had more experience with babay Ali perhaps he would be happier to be kissed, he isn;t just used to it.
Love that old pallet recycle idea. I watch at times on the BBC a program, Money for Nothing"where a girl goes to places where people can dump old stuff and then she looks around for things that might have another life with some modification.
It is amazing how lovely things sometimes come out of that. She invests some labour and material money to have things re-made with it but also sells them to all kind of shops and lots of times with good profit. Then the people who gave her the stuff to work with, receive the profit money.
Really interesting program.
Okay, we will try to make most of this spring day, perhaps the last in some time!
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

If you can master your remote you're way ahead of me. Of course, it seldom leaves Left Brain's hands so I really haven't had much practice.

That pallet is sweet. It's good to see things repurposed. I saw (on TV) picnic tables painted in pastel colors of pink, blue and yellow. They looked so nice, it made me wonder why more people don't do this.