Friday, April 22, 2016

Have You Kissed Your Fur Baby Lately?

April 22, 2016

Good morning.  Tis another beautiful day here in my little part of New England.  The sun is shining, there is a soft breeze, and the temperature is already 69F degrees.  The weather man says that today will be really super with temps reaching up to the high 70's.  I'm sure we're in for a series of cooler days soon, but I'm loving it while it's so nice.

Well, yesterday Pogo and I did not get to do our errands.  By the time I did a few things and got myself ready to go out, it was too late.  Joe would be home soon, and Pogo does not like to miss his turkey treat.  So we will make another attempt today. 

While looking for something on the web last evening, I came across this really cute pattern for a crocheted cardigan.  It's called "Cozy Cocoon Cardigan" and I think I'd like to try making it.  Isn't this cute?


I've been working on two different afghans lately, and when they are finished I'll only have one more to make before Christmas.  It will be fun to work on a different project in between all the afghans.

A couple days ago, I ordered a couple new batches of yarn.  One batch for me, and the other batch for my grandson Kevin's girlfriend.  She has recently learned to crochet and is making a blanket.  I love to see our young kids learning hand crafts, especially when they really enjoy it. 

My phone just rang again a few times but I did not answer it.  For over a year now, I've been getting tons of phone calls from all over the country.  I don't recognize the numbers and on the few times that I tried to answer there was no one on the other end.  I also get bombarded with phone calls from every fund raiser out there.  Now I don't answer any calls unless I know the caller.  This is one time when I really do appreciate modern technology, "Caller ID."

As you all know, I love animals.  I think we need some new laws - strong ones - to punish anyone who abuses animals.  I don't mean the slap on the hand type of law.  I mean a stiff fine and jail or prison time.  All our animals are precious and we need to treat them all that way.  I thought I'd share this image that I borrowed from the web.


There's really not much news for today so I think I'll take my leave here.  I really do want to get out to the Post Office to mail a couple of boxes.  Before I go, here's another image I borrowed from the web.  This goes for kitty cats and other pets too.


Now I think I'll finish my coffee and catch up on a bit of my blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I always kiss my Cisco. Multiple times and throughout the night as he gets so close to me I have to move him and he cries. His poor bones hurt when he is moved and I give him kisses and tell him I am sorry that I hurt him.
I agree with the stronger Pet Laws. I am one of those people that think that the punishment should fit the crime. Cage them up and starve them, let them thirst and have someone there to just kick and hit them for no reason! But that will never happen. The same thing with child predators. In some countries you can lose and eye or hand for wrong doing. But our country is so set in this thing called Humanity which really chaps me the wrong way. Someone tells me that we should be humane when a murderer beats and kills someone that they should be put down humanely and with mercy? The victim did not receive mercy.... OK I will get of my rant and move on.

Did not sleep last night. I had several phone calls that were important. By the time that I was done, I was filled with so much emotion that I couldn't sleep. I did a scrap page and updated my blog. Then cuddled with Cisco. At 5:00 a.m. I was just so tired so I finally crashed for a few hours. Now I am having my coffee and will get into the shower soon because I have a doctor appointment today at 2 and it is 11 here. Just need to wake up a little. Jonathan is leaving work early, at 1:00 to take me to the doctor and then he will go back to work. I have 2 more appointments on Tuesday and Thursday of next week.

Give my love and kisses to Pogo. I told Cisco that I was going to give Pogo some love and he jumped on the bed and did a happy dance, then rolled around and under the covers... so Cisco sends Hugs and Kisses (Sorry about the slobber) to you both... Love, Beth and Cisco.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, I do kiss my fur babies good night and also give them some good rubbies. It is part of our routine every night. Of course, I don't limit it to just night time ... I think I stop and give rubbies every time I pass one of them wherever they have parked themselves. I love rubbies. In Thailand I got the most wonderful foot rubs ... a whole hour for $4.00. I was in heaven. I figure if I like it that well, so will my babies :)

I'm with you on Caller ID ... I never answer the phone unless I know who is calling. If it is important they will leave a message and I can get back to them. I put my number on the "don't call me " list a long time ago and it seemed to slow it down for awhile, but it gradually built back up. Really is a pain.

Izzi is not doing great. she seems to have pain when she walks sometimes more than others. I am hoping by limiting her activity and walking her regularly, she will eventually heal. I tried putting a wrap on her knee, but never figured out if it would help because she just sat down and pulled it off. I hope over time she will get better. Sounds like Pogo is doing great ... he is such a cutie. I loved the picture of him being hugged by your Great Grandbaby ... probably one of the few times you might be glad he doesn't have teeth :)

I love your Cozy sweater ... looks like something that would be nice to wear around the house when the air conditioning is on and it seems chilly ... Not that our air conditioning has been on at all. We have had a few really nice days, but we are back to cold again and with a threat of frost tonight. Hope my plants are hardy enough to deal with it.

Well, I am headed out to get a CO2 detector. Ours seems to have died and we really can't go without ... safety first I always say. You have a nice day, Edna and Izzi sends her love to Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

LV said...

That would be a very pretty sweater for you to make. I never learned to crochet. I am with you. I would not give up my caller ID. If I do not recognize the number, I do not answer. Half the time they do not even leave a message. Have a good weekend.

smiekeltje said...

Very annoying to get calls from unknown persons. Best indeed to not answer them at all.
If it is important, people leave a message or call again, I figure.
Looks funny that cardigan. May be a good idea to try your hands on and do a different things from the afghans.
Here too i think the law isn;t yet good enough for animal abusers, although a lot has changed already for the good.
We always cuddle our brodski several times a day and Jan always says "goodnight"to him when he goes to bed LOL.
Looks not to be a nice day today, speaking of the weather. Wind, some rain, temperatures only around 10C.There is no actual need for me to go out, so I better stay in and curl myself into warm fleece.
have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello my friend! Sorry it has been a while since I have visited and left a note, but...I'm enjoying reading the e-mails daily! I so enjoy the lovely QP gifts too! Now that I am finished with work for another year, I need to get back into the swing of things, but first I am trying to catch up my house chores that I had to let go for 3 months....LMBO! I did get all my winter clothing clean and packed away, but I still need to get my windows washed, the floors totally redone, and all the dusting and washing of knick knacks done yet, then I can sit back and scrap for a bit, sure do have a lot to catch up on...the spring storms are slowing down a bit so I might be able to get some pots planted with flowers to decorate the front of the house.
You and Pogo enjoy this awesome weather you are having, check back in soon! hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Mine get kissed daily and often.