Friday, April 1, 2016

Old Man Winter Is Procrastinating About Leaving

April 1, 2016

Good morning.  For goodness sakes, Mother Nature seems to be playing April Fools jokes on all of us.  There is severe weather in several parts of the country, and we're about to start all over with winter weather. 

We won't have to wait until Tuesday for the snow to get here.  The rain starts tomorrow, and the snow will be here for Sunday and Monday along with cold temperatures.  My beautiful little daffies are already starting to sing "Woe Is Us." 



We were all set to bring out the rakes and start cleaning up all the dead leaves and winter debris from the gardens.  Thankfully, we did not.  We still have some cold weather to get through. 

Yesterday, I had a morning doctor appointment for a regular check up.  Surprise!!  It was also time for more blood work and a shingles shot.  Oh goody goody!   By the time I left there, I also had a prescription in my pocket for the new pneumonia shot.  I will have to check around to see which pharmacies have this vaccine. 

By the time I got home, it was after lunch time, and I needed to feed my little guy.  You know, the nicest part of having to go out for appointments or grocery shopping is all the hugs and kisses I get from Pogo when I get home.   Mmmm, super nice!!

Speaking of grocery shopping, Joe and I will be doing that later today when he gets home from work.  We could put if off till tomorrow, but it will be raining then.  We might as well go today and get it over with. 

Do you remember getting a Spiegel catalogue years ago?  I came across an ad from Spiegel and decided to look them up.  I found their website and signed up for their newsletter.  A couple days ago, I got a new ad from them about their craft web site, Spiegel Create And Craft.  Check it out.  It looks like a fun place.

They have a sewing machine on sale, and I must have spent at least a half hour drooling over the description.  I finally had to close the page.  I'm not ready yet to buy the new machine, but oh my, it is certainly a beauty!  Maybe this will give me the incentive to clean out my little computer room to make a space for sewing projects.  Hmmm.

DIL Janet came by Wednesday after work, and brought tons of homemade cookies with her.  Yum yum.  I usually pick out the oatmeal raisin cookies, and share all the rest with the dwarfs and Dee and Eddie.  Janet could make a fortune if she sold these cookies.

Today is the start of another new month, so here is the April page from my calendar.


Now I think I'll start a load of laundry.  This is the part of housework that I do well.  (Well, the machines do all the work, but I do the folding!)  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so happy to hear you're getting the shingles shot. I need to ask about that new pneumonia one as well. I never thought that I'd say this, but the oatmeal raisin are probably my new favorite as well. I used to like chocolate chip the best, but there's something about the chewiness of the oatmeal raisin ones. Maybe it's because they're so healthy for you with all those raisins...yeah, yeah...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Unknown said...

Edna,

Hi, Talk about Winter not leaving, that is just so crazy. We have been hit by fierce thunderstorms and hail and wind but I think that it is over and moved out and heading your way. All these tornados just saddens me.

I am really lucky that my doctor gives me my flu and pneumonia shots in his office, but Wal-Mart offers them to and today I saw that they also now offer the shingles shot. I wonder if I need that?

I guess I better say this and get it out of the way. I have been avoiding talking about it thinking if I don't say it the chances of it happening is lower... I am making a doctors appointment on Monday if I can last that long. My daughter wants to take me to the ER tomorrow but we will see. I think that I am having gallbladder attacks.
I don't really know what is going on but I have had several issues the past couple of weeks and blew them off since they were not that bad. Not to where I knew something was wrong. Well the last 3 days have been easy so we will see if I can make it in to see my doctor but if not then I will let her take me out to the hospital.

It is 2 in the morning. I haven't been able to sleep but my eyes are getting really heavy. I hope that I can sleep tonight.. Beth

smiekeltje said...

Blast. What an unhappy weather change! We only can hope it is the last part of winter.
Good you didn;t clear out the garden yet.
I hpe the new pneumonia stuff works well with you.
It is supposed to be rather good weather this weekend, with nice temperatures. Up to now it is still cloudy, and I hope in an hout or so the sun will come out.
Then may be I will do some work in the garden, but first have to go out for a few errands.
I'll have to find something easy but tasty to eat for Jan and me too this evening. No idea yet, but I will fix something.
You have still a nice weekend, despite of the winterlike weather!
Hugs
Kyra