Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Big Day For Pogo Tomorrow

April 27, 2016

Good morning.  Well, I had to put the heat back on last night.  The temperature went down to 34F degrees.  Just a tad bit too cool.  The days are warming up a bit, but the nights will be quite cool all week. 

Yesterday morning, Pogo and I went out to do a couple errands.  We thought we might beat the rain, but Mother Nature had other ideas.  It was sprinkling when we got outside; and when we got to the Post Office the heavens opened up and the rain was really pouring.  I left Pogo in the car while I ran in to mail a letter, and then we headed back home.  I tucked him under my jacket while we went from the car to the house .  So I got a little wet, but Pogo stayed dry.

Today I dug into my photo archives for some photos of a goose family.  I took these photos at our park in mid-April, 2012.    This first one shows the new goslings.  Mom and Dad are always nearby to keep watch over their flock.



There was another large beautiful bird staying close to this family while they were in the water.  While Dad was busy chasing off other geese, this beautiful swan stayed close by Mom and the babies to help keep the family safe.


I think it's awesome how animals instinctively help one another even if they are different.  We humans have a lot to learn from our birds and animals.

Tomorrow is Pogo's birthday, and I bought a peanut butter flavored mix to make his cake.  It comes with yogurt frosting too.  I was going to make it tomorrow, but we're thinking about going to visit Aunt Lucy tomorrow, so I think I'll make the cake today. 


I don't know if Pogo will eat it, but we'll send half of the cake home to Sassy.  (Dee and Eddie's little dog)  Sassy will definitely enjoy it.  Meanwhile, my little Pogo will be turning ten years old.  Just don't tell him that.  He thinks he is still a puppy!!  Wow, you should see him when he does his "Happy Dance." 

I see the mail carrier coming and he is carrying boxes.  Woo Hoo!  I love getting packages in the mail.  That's the best part of mail order.  You know I have to stop and see what is in those boxes. 

***Oh wow, all the yarn I had ordered is here, along with a couple of gifts for the gift drawer.  There's also a new book to read, "The Book of Random Oddities."  Oh gosh, now I know what I'll be doing this afternoon. (after I bake the cake, of course) If you guessed reading the new book, you guessed right!!  I love books.

Well, there's a lot of stuff now that has to be put away, so I'll take my leave here.  I do have a new quick page for you but I have to upload it and get a link for you.  I'll post it here tomorrow.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Pogo's cake made me hungry for a cake for me!

Sorry I haven't commented in a while, Edna! I've been able to read, but I haven't commented, or posted myself, in a while because I type so slow and it's been pretty busy in Naniland!

Thanks for sharing the pics of Ali a couple days ago. She is just beautiful! Pogo will get used to Ali's loving and love her back, I just know it.

I've been loving seeing all of your birds and flowers. I've had to enjoy spring vicariously this year, but I'm looking to get out soon. (I can't wait for that!)

I'm going to go jot down some ideas for a blog of my own. I'll be back tomorrow to wish Mr. Handsome happy birthday. :)

Hugs, Nani

Debby said...

Happy birthday PoGo. Love the cake. Our Hank just turned one. We haven't had his party yet. Hugs

LV said...

You have one spoiled PoGo. Not many have a home like you give him. Best wishes for a great week.

smiekeltje said...

I am curious what Pogo will think of his cake!!!
Gosh, he already will be 10, that's quite an age. But okay, I will not tell him. Just give him a big cuddle for his birthday from me.

Didn.t do much yesterday, but today I will have to be more acti e, wihich isn;t a bad thing. Some shopping to do and probably a laundry to be done.
You have a wonderful day and Pogo too, of course.
Hug
Kyra