Friday, April 8, 2016

Today Is National Beer Day

April 8, 2016

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the wind is blowing.  But the temps seem to be trying to warm up a bit.  My little plants are all looking pretty good.  Sad to say, I miss all the pretty daffodil blooms that were once smiling up at us from the garden.  Soon though, the hyacinth will be in full bloom. 

According to Facebook and Google, today is National Beer Day. (and yesterday was New Beers Eve)   So just in case, have yourself a cool one and make mine a Sam Adams please. 


Yesterday it rained all day so Joe and I decided to put off the grocery shopping until later today.  Other than putting out lots of stuff in the recycle bins, the shopping will be the highlight of the day for me.  For some reason, probably the weather, I've been tired a lot lately.  It takes a lot to move me out the door to do things.  Hopefully Spring will be back soon to stay and things will perk up again.

I have more birdie photos to share that I took during the recent snows.  These all show some of the birds enjoying lunch at our feeder.  Believe it or not, we filled that feeder several times each day it snowed.





 Do you notice in the third photo that there are three different breeds of birds sharing lunch?  I often wonder why humans can't be like this all the time.

I don't have much news for today, so I think I'll take my leave here.  I have two big stacks of magazines to go through so that I can put them out in the recycle bin.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

Lovely photos... I love the birds. They are sure sweet. I wish people could get along as well.

Cisco and I had a rough night. He can't make up his mind where he wants to sleep and decided that he wanted on my side of the bed, then he would move to where I was and then I would roll over and he would follow. Most of the time I allow him to sleep where he wants to but last night he couldn't decide. At 4 this morning I had had enough and just cuddled until he was in a deep sleep then I moved over to the other side of the bed. I woke up at 8 this morning with him laying on top of me. He is feeling rather insecure lately. He knows I am not feeling well so I cannot scold him too much. But I am heading back to bed.

Have a wonderful day and tell Pogo we send woofs and licks hugs and kisses...... Beth

The Queen Jester said...

All those birds gathered around the feeder have made me hungry for a buffet lunch now.

smiekeltje said...

I am glad to hear I am not the only one feeling tired a lot. It could be the lack of warmth and sunshine, who knowes. Or it is just us, getting older. LOL.
Hopefully today there will be no rain when you do the shopping with Joe.
It looks nice outside so I think I will make a trip to the market.
Should do that not too late, then it still isn;t so crowded.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra