Thursday, February 3, 2022

Warmer And Wet

February 3, 2022

Good morning.  Tis wet and gray today, and a bit warmer.  47F degrees.  This will be the warmest day for a while.  We should be having some rain on and off all day.

Well, I finished the blue crib blanket and started a new one.  The yarn for the new blanket is called "Tiara."  It's really quite pretty.


My cousin Anita has given away so many of her crochet and knitting projects that the local TV station asked if they could do a special on her.  She turned it down, but I'm quite proud of her.

Recently, I ordered a bag of taffy candy, and it just arrived.  Wow!  Such a big bag!  This taffy will last me quite a while.  Mmmm, mmmm.mmmm!

I found a fun word puzzle on the net and thought I'd share it with you.  So far I have thirty seven words.  Have a try and see how many words you come up with.  Have fun!


Now I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee and enjoy a bit of blog reading.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.  

4 comments:

Susie said...

Edna, Your crocheting is very pretty. I love the colors. Stay warm and dry. I am longing for spring myself. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

smiekeltje said...

The bleu crib balnket is really for a boy, I think. The new one has really sweet colors, looks beautiful. And yes, of course you can be proud of your cousin. Gosh, it would have been fun to see her on that local tv and record it.
Glad it isn;t very cold anymore, although it could be better. we have around 8C and in a few days even 11C!
Oh, I did for a few minutes the word game and came up with 25 words(till now). Without using a dictionary!
Good, on to my new crochet project, blanket in red.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Kathy said...

Your blankets are so pretty. You do such nice work. I haven't done any crocheting or knitting in awhile because of the arthritis in my hands. Hopefully when the weather warms up they will feel better and I can get back to it.

I love doing those word puzzles. I will have to try this one.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope your area manages to escape the forecasted snow and ice this weekend, Edna. Apparently, we left NH at the right time for a southern road trip. The completed blanket looks great too. Thanks also for the birthday well wishes, much appreciated, my friend.