Thursday, February 24, 2022

An Afternoon At The Park

February 24, 2022

Good morning.  Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  Warm and sunny.  Today temps are much cooler, 24F degrees, and gray.

Yesterday, Deanne and I took a ride to the park.  Oh my, it was lovely!  Here are just a few of the photos that we took.



It is so peaceful to just sit and watch the birds.  We are so lucky to have this beautiful park.

Last night, I did a bit of crocheting.  I think there are only ten more rows to go and the crib blanket will be finished.  I also went online and ordered the yarn for the next afghan.  These old fingers are going to be busy this year.

Tomorrow we are expecting 5 to 8 inches of snow, and temps in the thirties.  Mother Nature is letting us know that it is still Winter.  Let's hope this will be the last snow storm of the season.  I'm really hoping that Spring will come early.  (hahaha)

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I'm glad that you were able to visit the park today. It does look like a quiet and peaceful setting for you to watch the birds. We are expecting a bit more snow from today into tomorrow too but not as much as you. Have a nice day today! I hope I remember to watch Law and Order tonight.

Steve Reed said...

It's great that you got out for a visit to the park! I always feel like it makes a huge difference in my mood when I get out of the house for a while.

smiekeltje said...

Happy to hear you had a lovely visit to the park with Deanne. Must have felt real good being able to be outside for a while! Pity to hear snow is coming your way again.
Near to end you crib blanket and already thinking of the next afghan, hahaha. In my surfing mostly on Pinterest I saw sooooo many beautiful baby blankets and large afghans, I don;t know which one to choose for next project LOL.
And there are many with not difficult stitches and stil look fantastic.
Have a wonderful day, my friend,
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

You have such a gift for beautiful photos! I am glad you and Deanne had a nice ride. It is so good to get out of the house. I went to the store with NIck last night. Avery sat in the car and pulled up to the curb to retrieve us. It is bitter cold but today the sun is shining once again. Grateful. Have a beautiful day.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Such a lovely view in the park, and breaking up the cabin fever is always a treat.
Stay warm Mx. Edna.
Hugs,
~Jo

Susie said...

Edna, Glad you got to visit the park before all that snow comes. I am beyond ready for spring. You did see some nice birds. Stay warm and safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Beth Reed said...

Hello Miss Edna,
I am really sad to hear that you're having a lot more snow. This weather has been strange here. I realize that it is still February, but it is a little late for us to be having this kind of weather. We are going to be up in the 60's soon with sunshine and I will be grateful.

The trip to the park sounds so wonderful. I am very happy to hear that you have gotten out of the house and the birds are so pretty in the photo, so I imagine that they were magnificent to actually sit and watch them.

Have a awesome day my friend. xoxoxo

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Is your park a small lake or on the ocean. I'm surprised that it isn't frozen over. The Mississippi is still frozen solid across from one side to the other. Enjoy!