Friday, February 4, 2022

Forty Four Days Till Spring

February 4, 2022

Good morning.  Tis another cold, wet day here in New England.  Ah, but Spring is coming.  Forty four more days.  

This week went by quickly.  It's already Friday.  I hope when the warmer temps get here that the days slow down a bit so that we can enjoy the warm temps a bit longer.  

I just went out to get the mail, and Egads!  (I'll bet you haven't heard that for a while!)   There is snow mixed in with the wet stuff coming down.  Enough to leave a layer of white on everything.  

Remember to bring in your animals.  It's cold outside, and that means it's cold for them too!

Here's an interesting map that I found on the web.  (seems everything is on the web!)  It shows life expectancy by state.  I'm already older than the life expectancy of my state.  How about you?


Today will be another quiet day for me.  I think I'll put a couple rows on the crib blanket, then I'll read for a while.  Or maybe I'll attack a bag of junk mail.  Hmmm, that seems to be the better plan.  I can watch TV while I'm doing this.  

First, though, I'm going to enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Here still rather good temperature, but windy and wet.
Cannot wait till warmer temperatures(at least 15C) come along.
quiet here too, now we can watch a bit the Olympic wintergames. Some sports are nice to see.
You have a lovely day, stay warm and cosy.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

"Egad" is a good word. Kind of like "gadzooks!" We should use them more.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I am surprised to see that some of the states that I thought would have higher life expectancy are actually lower ... like Nevada and New Mexico. With the warmer weather, I guess I just expected higher life expectancy. I like your way of thinking in accomplishing two things at once like attacking your junk mail while watching your favorite TV programs.

Buttercup said...

We didn't get the predicted ice storm and that raised my life expectancy at least a week. I just wrote on Ganky's blog that it's almost spring and that's how I'm thinking. Just so glad the days are getting longer, though I know we have a storm or two to go. Keep cozy!

Kathy said...

I'll take that 44 days. I love spring and all the beautiful flowers. Can hardly wait. I was surprised that life expectancy in my state was so high. No, I'm not that old -- yet.