Thursday, February 17, 2022

A New Washing Machine

February 17, 2022

Good morning.  Tis sunny, and temps are warming up today.  Today and tomorrow, temps will be in the mid fifties.  I like it!  After that, temps will drop back down into the thirties.  I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, so at least it will be nice when I go out.

Yesterday, my new washing machine was delivered.  I had paid a little extra to have the old machine taken away and the new machine set up.  And so it was.  It's going to be good to be able to do my laundry again.

Little by little, I'm trying to get back to my crocheting.  Each day I put a couple rows on the crib blanket.  Soon, I'll start working on the afghan again.  I need to finish at least two afghans this year.  They are both for next Christmas.  

I want to try that new towel topper pattern that I found.  So, maybe I'll give that a try today.  Meanwhile, I'm looking over several sweater patterns because I'd like to try a sweater too.  

I really don't have any news today, so I think I'll just share this interesting item with you before I leave to do some blog reading.  

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Congrats on the new washing machine! LOL. It is nice when the poeple who deliver it, also install it and take away your old one. No need to bother about that. Good you see your doctor tomorrow, and don;t forget to ask something for the ey or perhaps for the lingering cold?.
I am watching some you tube crocheting channels with some real good explained ones and beautiful stitches. If you are interested I could send you some links. I found some not really difficult stitches but really actractive. Will try them out on the "sampler"blanket.
Every day a bit of crocheting will finish the projects too. Do you want to try a sweater for yourself or for others?
Have a wonderful day, relax when you feel to it.
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Helo Miss Edna,
Thank you for the public announcement. My daddy once disturbed a hornet's nest and was very lucky that he didn't get stung, but it was several hours before we could leave to go home because they were circling everywhere.

I am so happy that you are now able to do your laundry again. What a relief that must be just knowing that the new one is set up and the old one was taken away.

I am also glad that you are to see your doctor tomorrow and yes I agree with Kyra about mentioning something for your eye.

Have a wonderful day my friend. xoxoxo

Barbara said...

Congrats on the new washing machine!

Suemn said...

Good Luck with your doctor visit Edna!

Steve Reed said...

Glad you got a new washing machine! That will make life easier, for sure!

Theresa said...

Yeah, a new washing machine! We bought one last year and enjoy using it (if you can really enjoy washing clothes:)) It's one of those things you miss when it breaks. Our dryer is limping along but will need to be replaced before too long. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!