Friday, February 25, 2022

Tis Snowing Again

February 25, 2022

Good morning.  Tis snowing again.  It started around four a.m., and I guess it will keep snowing all day.  Dare I hope that this will be the last snow of the season?  I hope so.  I'm wanting an early Spring.  It won't happen, but I can dream, can't I?

There's not much happening here.  I have four more rows to finish the crib blanket, so I guess that's what I'll do today.  I was thinking that I might like to make a sweater, but I'd probably never wear it, so I guess I'll stick to the afghans.

One of these days I might even get to paint the rocks that I've had set aside all year.  Maybe when the temps get warmer and I can sit out on the porch and paint.  This is something to look forward to.

Have you ever seen a yellow cardinal?  I haven't, but I did find a photo of one.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  And very rare.


Today is Friday Under $10 on ShopLC.com.  I guess I'll be watching this for a while to see some of their bargains.  They have some watches coming up that are really beautiful.  And the under ten dollar price is great too.

I think I'll make me a fresh cup of coffee to enjoy while I'm watching these special buys.  Before I go, let me share this bit of wisdom with you.  If you have doggies, this will be a big help to you.


Now I'm off to the kitchen.  So, till Thursday, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I've never seen a yellow cardinal either and would love to see one. We had a very light snowfall yesterday and I still need to get outside to shovel the walk and the driveway near the street as the city snow plow loves to drop snow there as it clears the street.

Beth Reed said...

Umm Edna,
I totally love the bit of wisdom that you shared. It is priceless but how true! am going to add Doorbell to my grocery order! Foxy needs something to get her off my spot and the weird smoke alarm is losing its appeal. Now she just stands up and barks and either I or Jonathan get up to shut it off and she will steal my spot if it is I that get's up to shut it off. LOL.

I was thinking that you could make those little towels but this is my idea but you have 3 brand new great granddaughters who would love one of the beautiful dolls like you made for me. I am sure that they will be loved.
I can hardly wait until I have a bedroom again so I can get my dolls out of storage and put back on my bed. Anyway, it is just a thought.

I hope you enjoy watching your show. Have a wonderful and Blessed Day, my friend. xoxoxo

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear about the snow. It's not the thing we want this w=time of the year. Please let Spring come quickly in your area!
Here it was quite a nice day, some sunshine, only the wind wasn't nice. But.... we had a dry day. We will have two days or so with some nigtfrost and then temps get higher again.
I can understand you not wanting to start on a sweater, and let's be honest, afghans are just great to crochet.
I have a nic stitch on my sampler afghan, very easy, here you can find it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FVnwkGU5gA&list=RDCMUCYueR8e-jaGcGrBIvDuXd0w&start_radio=1&rv=3FVnwkGU5gA&t=45
Just copy the link into searchbar of Google. She has many more real nice stitches. This one is showing lovely in a single color, in my opinion.
Have fun watching the shopping channel, you mmight find something you like LOL.
(Never saw a yellow cardinal, beautiful)
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Love the yellow cardinal! How beautiful! I'm laughing at the tip about clearing the dogs off the bed. I think even the doorbell would only prompt Olga to raise her head. LOL!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Like yourself, I too had never heard of or seen a yellow cardinal, Edna. Thanks for sharing the image of one. Here in Nashua, NH, we also had a day of snow on Friday with about 8 inches by the time it ended in late afternoon. We returned home from our 3-week road trip on Wednesday and were able to stock up on groceries before the storm arrived.

I have fallen behind in blog reading the past few weeks, and now catching up but only for the most recent posts because to try and read all the ones I missed from so many fellow bloggers would be a daunting task.