Sunday, February 6, 2022

State Name Origins

February 6, 2022

Good morning.  This will be a really short post.  This cold that I have is making me feel lousy.  And it's making lots of breathing problems for me.  Therefore, I probably won't be posting here for the next few days, unless of course I feel lots better.   

Let me share this interesting map of state name origins with you.   It's no big shock to see that the majority of the State's names are derived from Native words.  What is amazing to learn however, is that the number of states with names of English origin is less than a dozen.

Now I'm off to climb back under my toasty warm blanket.  Hopefully, the worst of this cold will be over soon.  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous week.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry for you that the cold still is lingering on. When do you have your doctor's appointment? Go there and let him give you something that will chase away that cold. It is taking too long now!
Stay warm under your blanket, drink enough, eat something and chase that cold out of the door with all means!!!
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Take care of that cold! I hope you feel better soon!

Suemn said...

Edna, rest and stay warm. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Beth Reed said...

Edna honey, I agree with Kyra, please call the Native American. I can't really really tell the blues apart with my eye site.

I will call you in a few days and check on you or if your feeling better you can call me. Rest, stay warm and drink lots of fluids... xxxx

Theresa said...

That cold is lingering WAY too long:( Prayers for FEEL BETTER days ahead! HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon, Edna. Rest and more rest is always a recommended cure as well as plenty of liquids shich you already know. Glad the temps will be warming up in New England compared to the recent frigid temps.

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I'm taking a break this just sort of check up on friends today because I've been across between busy and sick with a cold myself. If combined with other health issues or just as we get older, come in little things like a cold can last so much longer. I am fortunate that my doctor visits every two weeks to check up on me so she's been monitoring the cold that has finally seem to have run its course. I hope you get to see the doctor, or got to see the doctor, very soon after I read this.

I really miss having the health and time keep in touch with my dearest friends both online and in person.

Feel free to send me an email or even a phone call, even if it's a short one, let me know how you're doing. I'm just used to reading a few more entries to catch up and not having such a break between the last one and today's date.

Lots of warm comforting hugs, Nani