Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tis A Gorgeous Day Today

May 26, 2020

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be a beauty as  soon as the fog rolls away.  The sun is shining and temps might get close to eighty degrees.  It's definitely another porch day for Pogo and me.  I took a couple photos yesterday to share.

This first photo is how some of my little solar thingies look now that they are back dancing on the railing.  They are such happy looking little things. 


And this is Pogo looking out over his domain, making sure everything is just fine.  


It was so pretty out there yesterday.  The trees were full of birds singing and chirping away.  I even heard a new one.  I didn't get to see it though.  My car was covered in pollen, so when Joe got home from work, he washed it for me.  Then we tried to start it and discovered the battery was dead.  Joe did try to jump start it, but no soap.  At the moment, I'm in the process of calling the road service  to come out and start the car for me.  Now I just have to wait for their text telling who and when they  will show up.

I borrowed an image from the web because I thought it was important to share it with you.  This is the season when many of our wildlife are having babies and out foraging for food to feed them or looking for safe places to keep them.   Please do not hurt these animals if you see them.  They are not looking to hurt you, they are just trying to keep their babies safe and fed.

This photo shows a mother fox and her babies.  They are only coming closer to residential areas because coyotes are also out looking for food and if they find these babies, they'll kill them.  Please be kind, leave the mother fox and her babies alone and safe.  


I just got a text from the road service.  They'll be here in half an hour or less so I'd best be going.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

wisps of words said...

Yes, it's going to be hot! Good porch day! And you have a view, down to the road, and of the road. So you get to see cars/people/etc. go by. In comfort. No biting bugs!!!!

Glad the car will be started soon.

Enjoy the day!

🌸💜🌸

Steve Reed said...

I didn't know a single fox would have so many kits, but looking it up I see that the average litter is four or five cubs. Wow!

I love your collection of "solar thingies." And I've never heard the expression "no soap" used like that! Funny!

Theresa said...

Oh yes, those are some happy solar thingies:) I hope the car is all good now. Time to get out and about a bit. Nice to be able to take a drive. Enjoy your day dear friend, whatever it brings! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray, porch time again. Pogo will keep you safe as I see.
Pity about the battery in the car. It is hard to think of it when you aren;t driving so much. Best to perhaps make a note in calendar or so to start the engine every now and then.
If the weather stays so nice, you should take a little drive, just to be out for a moment. As you are in your car you have no problems with keeping distance etc.
Time for me now to sit down in the garden for a moment i think. It is nice weather.
Have a fantastic day.
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Cars seem to give us fits. But I am hoping all will be well and nothing serious is wrong. Have a good day! HUGS

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh the foxes are beautiful. Yes people need to learn to leave critters alone. HUGS