Monday, May 4, 2020

New May Blossoms

May 4, 2020

Good morning.  While yesterday was an awesome day, today will be nice but cooler.  All week the temps will stay cool with really chilly nights.  Hopefully after that, things will warm up again.

Starting Wednesday May 6, Massachusetts residents are required to wear face coverings when social distancing isn't possible.  A lot of folks are going to be complaining about their rights, but this is a small price to pay to save lives while opening the state up again.

One of my Christmas Cactus plants is starting to blossom.  This one is a light orchid color, and ever
so pretty.


It's really quiet around here with not much happening.  Today I have a sink full of dishes to wash.  I got lazy and just rinsed the dishes off and set them in the sink.  Today though, I really need to wash them.

Mother's Day is fast approaching so I thought I'd post a coloring page to honor Mom's everywhere. This one is from Dover Publications.


Last night I was working on a new project and had to stop because I found a mistake a few rows back.    So, today I'll rip out those rows and do them over.  This is the "not so fun" part of crocheting. 
This is going to be a gift so it can't have mistakes on it.  

I also placed a new yarn order for two other projects.  Time needs to slow down just a tad bit now so that I can get all these projects finished.

Now I'm going to get a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

To wear face coverings is a small price if you can go out again.
Perhaps it will be done here too, like in trams, bus and metro and train. We will have to wait the next advice from government.
I just did a bit of gardening with Jan. I bought us some spring/summer plants and placed them in flowerboxes we still had.
Now the sitting area is already quite a happy sight.
You stay safe, have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Jan said...

I've never seen a Christmas Cactus that color! How pretty. Mine did not bloom last winter. I kept telling my family that it heard me say I hate those sticky blossoms. Mine always seem to stick to the window behind the plant.

Her (the plant) name is Chrissy and I rescued her from Lowe's 6 years ago, in a four inch pot in January. She's amazing!



wisps of words said...

We (NYS) have been wearing masks, when social distancing, is not possible. Well, not "we" since we are so lucky... Our Dear Daughter in law next door, and our other son, are getting what we need. So we don't have to go out into grocery stores.

Interesting that Mass. has not had this rule till now...

And I agree, it is a very small "price to pay" in the long run. Whether it really helps, is still a question to me. But... It's just not that hard to do! We agree. -smile-

Hooray for the blooming. All blooming, is such a mood lifter!!!!!!

Opppps, sorry about the mistake. But craft mistakes do happen. -smile- I can say this! Because I have not done any in a long time!!!! -grin- But! It does happen.

Have lovely Monday...
πŸŒ±πŸŒ½πŸŒΏπŸ…πŸ†πŸ‡πŸˆπŸ‰πŸŽπŸ

wisps of words said...

Oh and I keep forgetting to say... I love your "name".. "Miss Edna" It's a Southern way I think. All ladies "over a certain age," get to be called "Miss" and their first name. Love it!

Tried to get my family to do it. It never stuck with them. One of our son's friends, called me "Miss"... But no one else. -sigh-

-smile-

πŸŒ±πŸŒ½πŸŒΏπŸ…πŸ†πŸ‡πŸˆπŸ‰πŸŽπŸ

Theresa said...

Oh dear that bloom is GORGEOUS! I am enjoying my flowers. One rose had two buds yesterday and it hasn't bloomed in years. I am getting used to wearing the mask when I go to the grocery store, gotta do what we gotta do. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!