Thursday, May 21, 2020

Summer Is Coming. Really?

May 21, 2020

Good morning. Today is sunny and still a bit cool.  Last evening, I had to put the heat back on.  Two nights in a row with temps in the upper thirties and low forties is just too much for me.  I don't want to chance getting a bad cold or pneumonia.  I can turn the heat off when it warms up.

My hand has been feeling a bit better so I was able to do a bit of crocheting last night.  That's a relief. I want to get these neck warmer sets finished so that I can get back to my Christmas projects.  I gave the green set to the mailman a couple days ago when he brought the mail.  It was not a holiday gift and I explained that it was a just because gift that might come in handy next Winter.

Speaking of seasons, the weather forecaster on this morning's news really annoyed me.  She was explaining how the warming temps headed our way was a great way to start this Summer.  Excuse me, but some of us are still waiting for Spring.  And, Summer doesn't start for another month. (on the calendar)  The way the seasons have been going, Spring and Fall only get to last for a couple of weeks.  It's mostly Winter and Summer.

A few days ago, I was watching a program on TV and a book was being mentioned as quite interesting.  After the show ended, I looked the book up online.  I thought I might get a copy of it to read.  Surprise, surprise.  The book's availability and price tag told me that it was not going to happen.  Here's a picture of the book and a listing for it.



In a couple hours, it should be warm enough for Pogo and I to spend some time out on the porch.  I'm thinking that maybe I'll take my crocheting out there with me.  That, and a bottle of root beer, while listening to the birds chirp sounds like a great way to spend some time.

Speaking of birds, a couple days ago, I looked out to see a big fat robin sitting on my porch gate. Shortly after that, a pair of cardinals came and sat nearby on top of the recycle bin for a while.  It  felt sort of like an omen.  Of good things coming.

Here's an image I borrowed from the web.  I had to laugh because it describes my Pogo to a tee.  He doesn't do tricks, or come on command (unless he wants to), or play with his toys.


Pogo spent his first six years in a little cage with no toys, no love, no companionship, and fed whenever.  He was badly neglected, and couldn't even eat much before he was rescued because his mouth was so badly infected.  He required surgery to remove his last few teeth and lower jaw. My little guy doesn't need to do tricks.  I love him dearly for the joy and happiness he gives me.

Now I need to wash a few dishes and gather up the things I want to take out on the porch with me.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

wisps of words said...

I've been *afraid* of having Summer come too quickly. As seasons do, sometimes. And that is why my Dear Daughter in Law had our pool opened, yesterday. Even though it is not heated, and too cold to use, yet.

For her children, our "Grands." Home all the time. And because a lot of other parents, will be opening their pools, very soon. She wanted us, to be ahead of the rush. ~smile~

So glad your hands are a bit better, and you can enjoy your craft again. Just don't do too much, too soon. ~smile~

Wondering which direction, your porch faces? If you get morning sun, or afternoon sun? Enjoy it, whichever!

Open up!
With masks/distancing.
Compromised people,
Stay home!
✨🌸✨🌼✨🌷✨

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

Often I purchase older used books off amazon and have run across the same thing. Guess there is a buyer out there that will pay the price but not me.
If your Pogo is like our dogs, just being there is enough. We get so much pleasure and lots of entertainment just having our dogs. They are yellow labs 5 and 1. The 1yo behaves better than the 5yo but we love them both. Patty McDonald

Buttercup said...

We've gotten perfect spring weather for the last few days. I may be a chicken, but I haven't listened to the weather forecast for the weekend. I'm concerned that it may be rainy and that makes me so sad. Hope you and Pogo get out to enjoy the weekend.

Steve Reed said...

Pogo is so lucky you found him!

Sometimes book prices on Amazon are insane. I've never understood why. I can't imagine anyone thinks they're actually going to get that amount of money for that book. (I see a copy for $100 on Abebooks, which is another good used book site, but that's still probably too much, I'm guessing?)

smiekeltje said...

Not a nice price for a book isn;t it??? Is it made of golden paper????
Glad your hand is somewhat better. And yes, better temps are coming, for us not this weekend, it will be around 18C, later next week 21-24C!
At the moment there is a little bit of rain. It's good for our garden.
And Pogo knows exactly what to do at what time, no tricks needed for him, the handsome one!

And you did right to turn on the heat a bit when it got too cold. You really don;t need a very bad cold or even worse, as you said.

And i bet the mailman was pleasantly surprised he got a just because present from you.
it's a nice thing to do.
Now you have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How funny with the STAY!!! And I hope you are able to enjoy sitting out for a bit. It's HOT here but I won't complain. I looked for that book too and it was expensive everywhere! I wonder if the library would have it! Hugs!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Warm weather came here this week as well, Edna, and it has been lovely to sit outdoors and read for a couple of hours. Yikes on that book price and not one I would be reading as well. So glad about Pogo's new life with you as he is surely much loved.