Friday, May 22, 2020

Enjoying The Warm Sun

May 22, 2020

Good morning. Today is sunny and temps are supposed to get up into the upper seventies today.  After that it's supposed to cool down for a couple days before warming up again.  It's weird, but the states north of us are warmer than we are.

Today I have more good news to share.  Our Jazzy has received some awards lately, and we are all so proud of her.  Two from Massasoit Community College, where she has just finished two years, and two from the State Senate.  I'll put together a layout of them to share here on Sunday.

Yesterday, Pogo and I got to sit out on the porch for a little while.  Heaven!  Today, we're looking forward to sitting out there again.  I had planned on taking my crocheting out there with me, but it was  such fun just watching all the Nature around me that I didn't get much done.

Today I think I'll take some junk mail out there with me.  It should be pleasant sorting it while enjoying the fresh air.  All the irises in one of little gardens are getting tall and budding.  With all this sunshine, they should blossom any day now.  This photo was taken a couple days ago.


Audrey has been busy crocheting too.  She just finished this adorable little octopus for a friend's new baby.  This so cute!  Audrey, the baby is going to love it.


It's taking me a while to type this post because my program, Perry Mason, is on TV and I'm trying to watch it while I type.  That's not so easy to do so, I think I'll go watch the rest of the program.  After that, Pogo and I are headed for our porch.

So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

wisps of words said...

Yes, we are happily in a nice weather period, too.

But west of us, is a week of rainy.

Congratulations to Jazzy!!!!!

Watching nature, from your porch... Sounds quite delightful...

Do you seem to have less junk mail now? We do.

Sweet baby gift!!! And I love the colors! Pink and violet and blue.

Enjoy your porch!!!!

Open up, please.
In my country.
With masks/distancing.
Compromised people
Stay home!
πŸŒΈπŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™

Kathy said...

Now I have to go look at my irises. The last I looked they weren't anywhere near as large as yours. That octopus is adorable! I'm sure the little baby is going to love it.

smiekeltje said...

Congrats to Jazzy!!!

Oh how wonderful you have the kind of weather to sit at the porch now!
I bet it is a great feeling. And yes, sometimes is is nice just to sit(like me in the garden) doing nothing, just looking around and hear the birdies.

Audrey's octopus is looking so funny. She can make about anything, isn;t she???

Pity thre is a rather strong wind today, because the weather is nice. But I think it isn;t that much in the garden, so may be in the afternoon we can take a little sunshine in.
Have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Congrats to Jazzy! I am happy that you are getting in some porch sitting, nothing better than being outside and watching NATURE! What a cute octopus!
Great job Audrey! Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Perry Mason is a fairly complicated program -- it's got to be hard to blog at the same time! Love the irises! We have some too but they're a different type.

Buttercup said...

The iris are beautiful this year. I've enjoyed them in the park and will feature my favorite in tomorrow's blog post. Love the octopus.