Thursday, May 7, 2020

Is It Spring Yet?

May 7. 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps are in the fifties today.  Starting Friday night, temps will drop, and we're expecting snow and night time temps in the thirties.  I hope this doesn't hurt my Lilacs.  I'll have to go outside today and take a photo of them.

Yesterday, I did do a couple of things around here, but you'd never know it today.  My housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired.  Here's something that I borrowed from the web that says it all.


Last evening, I finished the green neck warmer.  I forgot to mention that these are for next Winter, not now.  I did not make it outside to take photographs yesterday.  I got busy doing something, and
things went from there.  Basically, that's how most of my days go.  Schedules don't usually work out very well here.

Today I'll be going through a huge bag of junk mail.  Some days I just don't feel like disposing of it so I toss it into this bag.  However, I can't stand looking at it anymore so that will have to be my project for today.

Yesterday's mail brought me a package containing a new flower bulb.  Hopefully, this can be planted next week.  I'll see if my grandson can come over and plant it for me.  I'd like to be able to purchase some flowering shrubs by then too.  Hmmm, I wonder if the garden centers have sidewalk pick ups. 

Today, I'd like to share something that I borrowed from the web.  We all have so much to be thankful for.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lo...I love the housekeeping sign.
Made me giggle this morning, thank you !
Hugs,
~Jo

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

Had a laugh at the housekeeping sign. We use to tease a friend that her 'style' was throwing everything in the air and it landed where ever. She was a 'messy' and knew it was true. Patty Mc

Buttercup said...

Love both your signs. I've been doing a lot of straightening up, but no one else would think I've done much. We had summer last week, spring today and I think we're back to winter over the weekend. Take care!

wisps of words said...

Yes, warm today but not-nice coming.

I do need things neat. But even that is falling a wee bit by the wayside, of late. Actually, what difference does it make hu? No one can come in!!!!!!!<---Badddd Attitude I know! >,-)

Around here, a nursery does do curb side pick up!!!!! But here, we never plant this early.

Hope your lilacs survive!!!!

🌱💛🌱💛🌱

Theresa said...

NO SNOW, please:) I giggled at the housekeeping quote, I can surely relate! Enjoy your day dear friend, stay safe and warm! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Pity the weather is getting colder again. Here the same.
My housekeeping is a lot like the struggle thing LOL!
Not always, but there are times.......
Hmm, may be some garden centrese even deliver at your address? I know here there are and yes, also some garden centres let you pick up our things at the sidewalk.
People get so creative these times.
A bit away of the junkmail is already accomplishing something!
Take care, sending lots of hugs
Kyra.

Steve Reed said...

Love the housekeeping quote. I wonder if you really need to go through all that junk mail. I don't think it's hard to find anyone's name and address without stealing their mail. We just throw our junk mail away and leave it at that.