Thursday, May 28, 2020

Thank Goodness For Re-Runs Of Old TV Programs

May 28, 2020

Good morning.  For those of you who may not have seen this notice from Blogger yet, I've copied it to share.  There's more information when you click on the "read more."

In late June, the new Blogger interface will become the default for all users. The legacy interface will still be optionally available. We recommend trying the new interface by clicking “Try the New Blogger” in the left-hand navigation. Please file any critical issues encountered. Read more.

It's overcast today with much more comfortable temps.  The nights are warm though.  I had trouble sleeping and finally had to get up and open the door to let in some of the night breeze.  Eventually I was able to doze off for a while. 

I found out that one of my favorite programs, Law & Order - Criminal Intent, is on mornings Wednesday through Friday.  Today, I put it on as soon as my favorite lawyer program was over.  During some of the commercials, I really need to put a load of laundry into the washing machine.  I've become so lazy these last two months.  My laundry basket is overflowing. 

I borrowed a really cute Aunty Acid cartoon from the web to share with you.  This little lady really has a way with words.


While I was checking over some of my plants, I noticed one plant that I don't recognize.  If anyone knows what this is, please let me know.  Thank you in advance.  There are quite a few of these scattered among the other plants.  I'll look through my herbal book again just in case I missed it.


The mail just came and with it a package that I had ordered to put in my Christmas tote.  Yup, I'm doing my best to make a decent head start on my holiday shopping.  December seems to creep up on us really fast once summer gets here. 

It's really quite nice outside right now.  I think I'll see if I can watch my TV programs on my laptop.  If I can, I'll be able to watch them while I'm out on the porch.  Otherwise, I'll watch TV for a while, then take my crochet stuff out on the porch.  There's such a lovely breeze out there. 

I just went outside and took a new photo of the yellow irises.  They have never looked this good before.  Usually as soon as they start blossoming, they fall over from the weight.  Yellow is such a happy color.


Has anyone tried a producta called Mouse Magic?  It's a pack of natural oil scent packs that trigger a "flee" instinct, and it lasts for thirty days.  If you have, let me know because I'm considering trying it here. 

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Jan said...

I love OLD reruns. Hubby watches reruns of Mom, Big Bang Theory and Family Feud. He claims he never saw those shows before (the ones I love), so they aren't really reruns to him. Go figure!

Terra said...

Aunty Acid is too funny! And in this case, makes a good point. I agree, yellow is a happy color. When I was widowed in 2016 and so broken hearted I bought a sunshine yellow bath towel which made me smile whenever I used it. I don't know what the dainty white flowers are, could they be a white forget me not? Just a guess.

Steve Reed said...

I think your plant is garlic mustard (also known as "jack-in-the-hedge" here in the UK). You can read about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliaria_petiolata

I saw that notice about changes to Blogger. I wonder why they're changing it? I haven't tried the new one yet but maybe I should!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I agree....I don't think things will ever be the same. But that's always been the case. Things are forever changing whether we like it or not. Take care and enjoy those old shows on tv! They are the BEST! Hugs!

wisps of words said...

I am using the New Blogger Interface! When I came across a problem, I switched back to the Old, and did what I needed to do. And somehow, when I switched to the New again, I figured out my problem.

I still do not know where to find Emoticons, on the New Blogger Interface. But... Do I really need them???

Oh yes, I do!!!!! All those 'sparkles' and 'smiles' and 'flowers' and 'snowmen' added "pretttty" to my posts.

But, I went back to my Old Blogger, and copied some emoticons, and put them, for my Sig. Line.... And so far, they publish. I will now, try them here!

✨🌸✨🌷✨🌼✨

I have a Draft post, with these pretty Emoticons in it, and so far, I can use this.

✨🌸✨🌷✨🌼✨

wisps of words said...

Old tv is certainly better than new tv!!!!!

Your yellow Iris is beautiful. Much prettier than the usual purple.

I'm in the process of bringing our winter clothes upstairs, and bringing our summer clothes downstairs. Lots of washing seems to be entailed, in doing this. -sigh-

See, over a year ago, we put a shower in our small downstairs bathroom/laundry. And moved our upstairs bedroom, down to what was our big, old Front Room. By so doing, we can live on 1 floor! With no daily up and down the stairs. Much more safe, for we old folks. -smile-

Who don't we move to a small house? Because our son and family, live next door. At this point, it makes sense, to stay here in our 2 story family home. But live downstairs.

We do not use many clothes, and they fit in our 2 bedroom dressers, and some hanging hooks. But only keep 1 season, down here. Other season clothes, go upstairs. Slowly go! In handled bags! Carefully!

✨🌸✨🌷✨🌼✨

My Tata's Cottage said...

In your latest post you talked about Perry Mason. We watch him too. Did you know the original Paul Drake was the son of Hedda Hopper the Hollywood columnist ? We love the show but we chuckle. Poor Paul would be in jail for the comments he makes to the pretty girls. heeheehee. My how times have changed. HUGS my friend.