Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Have A Peep Or Two

May 12, 2020

Good morning. Today is sunny and cool.  Tis 44F degrees now, working towards the mid fifties. Something tells me that in a few weeks, the warm temps will not only be here but they will go right to hot, hot, hot, and we'll be wanting these cooler temps back.

I realized lately that I forgot to post the May page from my calendar. so I'm posting it now.


Well, I've polished off all my Easter Peeps, almost.  I have one Peep left.  And only half of my chocolate cherries.  Some days my sweet tooth just gets sweeter!

We got plenty of rain yesterday, and more coming this week so I'm hoping that the ponds and reservoirs are full.  We were lucky yesterday.  Some places around here had thunder storms  and hail.  I worry about my car being dented all over if we have a hail storm.  Back in the nineties, we had such a storm and it did quite a number on our cars.

I did not think to go out and take photos of the rain drops on my plants, so I've dug a photo from my archives.  This one was taken in my garden.  There's something beautiful about the tiny crystal beads that rain leaves on all the leaves.


Hopefully this summer I'll be able to take some new rain drop photos when the temps are much warmer.  I have to be careful not to catch a cold while I'm doing this.

I'm almost finished with the green neck warmer set.  I've decided to keep working on these sets for guys because they are working up so quickly.  Later, I can start on the ponchos again.  I already have colors picked out for them.

Now I think I'll have a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

wisps of words said...

I never got to liking peeps. But my Easter time 'sweet' memories, are of the old fashioned Fanny Farmer Chocolate Covered Cream Eggs!!!! Ohhhhmyyyyyyy! Do you remember them? We went to a Fanny Farmer Store, to get them, each year. -smmmile-

And loved Chocolate Covered Cherries!!!!! Oh sigh!!!!!

Have not been able to eat chocolate or any caffeine, for years! -sigh- But I have memories!!!!!!

"Over here" we have had cool temps and rain. Possible T-storms this afternoon. Weird!!!! And I agree. We may leave this funny, cooler weather behind, only to jump into hotttttt! -sigh- Oh well, nothing we can do about it!!!!!!!

Take care!
πŸŒΈπŸ’›πŸŒ·πŸ’›πŸŒΈ

smiekeltje said...

You were lucky not to get the hail and storms.
I wondered if the battery of your car is still okay? Or do you start your car every now and then?
Don't know where this question came now from, LOL. May be because of the hail, I thought v=back to wintertime and your battery was out and ws it Eddy who came to start it up again?
Oh, sometimes my memmory is on low battery too I think.

We have cold weather too, it is really feeling not nice with a cold Norder wind blowing!
Towards weekend it could get somewhat better.
Now have to look at my potatoes that are boiling. I am making mashed potatoes with fresh cutted endive and small cut fried bacon strips in it. And the best of it is that we will have enough for tomorrow too. Easy peasy, hahaha.
Just a bit of meat or a fried saucage and it will be good.
Have a great day, and stay safe!
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Good morning. I didn't get on blogger at all yesterday and trying to catch up this morning. It is going to be in the upper 80s this weekend, yep the temps are crazy this Spring. I love the raindrops picture, SO pretty! I LOVE peeps, robin eggs, candy corn, marshmallow bunnies and the list goes on and on. I treat myself occasionally to sweets. My daughter gave me some candy corn for my b'day and they are mighty tasty. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

You have such a good heart. Stay warm in the cooler weather and enjoy the warmth when it comes back around. Easter candy, I Love it. We have a bag of candy bars, hee hee hee! Also a freezer filled with ice cream treats. I need a walking trail so I don't get rolled out my front door.STay happy and enjoy the warmer weather as it will come here soon. HUGS