Thursday, March 19, 2020

Welcome Spring!

March 19, 2020

Good morning.  Happy Spring to everyone.  It actually arrives late tonight (11:49 p.m.) but we can celebrate it today.  Now we just have to wait for the temperatures to catch up. 

Well, I guess the concensus is in.  I am going to have to self isolate.  This is going to be difficult.  I run a rooming house.  Plus I have family who come to see me and help me out.  How do I do this?  Do I just have everyone only come as far as the porch?  And what about tenants?  If I don't rent the rooms and take care of the tenants, how do the bills get paid? 

I also have to be careful for Pogo.  Humans can pass the virus to him.  He's too tiny to fight it.  And, I have to figure out how to send things out from inside here.  I still have those afghans that have to be mailed out.  Maybe I should hold off sending them until this virus blows over?

I watched an interview on TV this morning of an adult patient (in a hospital bed) trying to recover from Covid 19.  What he had to say was not pretty.  I just hope a lot of folks saw the same interview.  When I see videos of the young people flocking to the beaches in Florida (and I'm sure other places), it makes my heart sad.  These young folks seem to think that they are invincible.  They are not. 

Here's something I borrowed from the web that might be of help to some folks.  It's a recipe for hand sanitizer.


I also found this image that I thought is really cute and very creative.  It's also a great way to recycle old suitcases.


Do you like olives?  I do.  I found this image on the web and thought I'd like to share it with you.  Wow, look at all the wonderful reasons to eat more olives!


Now it's time for me to do a bit of blog reading before finding some mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.  Be safe.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Spring is there but the weather doesn;t show it, yet.
That corona really gets to everyone in one way or the other. Self isolation is okay, but you still need to do some grocerie shopping every now and then. I advise to stay as much inside as possible, not to meet with family (sad thing but should be better), and if they need to see you or bring something along, well, try not to come too close to eachother (1 to 1,5 mtr if possible). The tennants should take care for themselves as much as possible in this situation. everybody has to change the way of life at the moment and think about eachother.
I still go out for grocerie shopping but that's it. And in the shops people mostly do try to stay not too near to eachother and in the street too.
Hold Pogo inside, I think that's the best thing to do.
And for the rest, take the precautions that you can, and further on just hope you will not catch it.
I have enough things to keep me busy, and I started the new afghan, yes! I couldn;t wait with it. I also work on the finishing of the other one but I kind of "treated"myself with starting the new one. LOL.
You stay put as much as you can, take care!
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope we can all figure out this new normal! But you do have the challenge of having a rooming house. I hope everyone stays healthy my friend. Take care of yourself! Hugs!

Theresa said...

I am staying in or just getting outside at my house. I know your situation is different. I think as long as we stay away from people who have been out around others, it's ok. That's what I am doing and praying that we all get beyond this time and back to normal before too long. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way dear friend!

Steve Reed said...

Self-isolating is hard for everyone, but I understand your concerns, given your situation. Maybe you can talk to your tenants at a distance or by telephone or through a window? I have no idea. This is a weird place we're all in.

I don't think Pogo can get coronavirus, though. My understanding is that dogs don't get sick from it, though there may be a chance they can transmit it. Again, I'm not 100 percent sure.

LV said...

What our nation is going through is awful, but still think they have blown it out of portion.
Take care.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Making some hand sanitizer sounds nice. We have essential oils and use them a lot. Mollie is cuddled up here next to me. She is 3 lbs.
We are getting snow. I just trust God and try to stay close to home and be safe.
When the daily mail arrives I wonder if people do not touch their mail. It's weird all the things we thing about. But again I will trust God. Mainstream media is nothing but sheer hysteria.
We are getting a snowstorm now. After last nights rain. Stay safe and warm. HEALTH HAPPINESS HUGS