Friday, March 13, 2020

Happy Birthday To Eddie

Mach 13, 2020

Good morning.  Oh my, it is so pretty outside this morning.  The sun is shining and it's 68F degrees.  Later temps will get up to the mid eighties.  It's like a perfect summer day back home.

Yesterday was SIL Eddie's birthday.  I posted greetings on FaceBook, but I forgot to put them here on my blog.  My bad!  So, Happy Birthday Eddie.  I hope your day was awesome and you have another awesome year to look forward to.  "SMOOCH! SMOOCH WOOF!  We love you."  (Birthday kisses from me, Audrey and Pogo)  Here's a photo that Deanne sent to me last evening.


Today we will take the mailer box to celebration, and then make one stop at the super market to pick up some doggy food.  We'll also look for a mask for the trip home on the plane.  It's a request from my daughter Deanne, and I'll try to do it.

Yesterday, I finished the Gold poncho.  All I have left to do on it is a couple rounds of stitches around the neck area.  I'll do that when I get home.  I've also decided not to put a pocket on it.


Once this poncho was wrapped and tucked into my suitcase, I started the next one.  This one will be for Lilah, and I'll use "Minty" colored yarn.


Maybe later today, we'll get to walk around this place and take a few photos.  We'll see.  If not, we can just sit out on the porch and relax.  There's just today and tomorrow left, and then we'll be on our way home.  I'm going to miss this little piece of heaven.

I'll  most likely post tomorrow because I won't have time Sunday morning.  I leave here at 7:30 a.m.  Security checking at the airport takes a bit longer now.  This time, I'll take off the oxygen so they'll not be getting any freebie pat downs this trip.

Now it's time for me to get dressed and go mail my box.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I hope you have a little time for a final photo walk. Your poncho came out terrific! I like it without a pocket -- it's hard to imagine where the pocket would go. And yes, a mask is probably a good idea, even though experts are ambivalent about how effective they are -- it's better to do all you can to travel safely!

Theresa said...

I can't believe it is time for you to go home:( I sure enjoy seeing you having fun in the sunshiny state of Florida! Love the finished poncho, SO pretty! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Your poncho is lovely! Oh my goodness, I would love to have my poncho from my younger days. It was hand created too.
Happy Birthday to Eddie too!
You and Hannah have the same taste. She had a lot of minty yarn. So pretty. Sigh....
It is funny how quick our trips are memories. Glad you had fun and enjoyed your trip.
Take care
HUGS