Monday, March 9, 2020

It's National Nap Day

March 9, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cloudy and 63F degrees with the promise of 75F degrees later on.  I love it!  Although I must say that back home the weather today is gorgeous too.    I'm not sure what we'll do today but whatever it is, we'll enjoy it.

Yesterday, we went to the flea market.  I had a grand time.  The first thing we did was to go looking for some new flip flops for me.  I would show you photos, but they haven't made the trip from my phone to my laptop yet.  The travel is slow today.  I promise (I'll try) to have them another day.

They have benches at the flea market for folks to sit on when they need to rest a bit.  While I was taking a short rest, I noticed that the folks who run this place have done a bit of landscaping to make the grounds look nicer.  I don't know the name of this plant, but it sure is pretty.


I also found a few things to bring home as gifts, and then we walked over to the nearby pond to see if there were any birds to photograph.  We managed to get a few photos, which I'll share another day.  They need to be cropped, etc.

On the news this morning, they said that today is National Nap Day.  So, everyone should feel free to take a nice nap either after breakfast or after lunch.  Enjoy!

I borrowed this giggle from the web to share here.  I don't mean any disrespect to blondes, but this is just too funny.


Last night, we crocheted while we watched Project Runway on my little laptop.  This poncho I'm making is really getting pretty.  The vest that Audrey is making is almost done.  I'll take a photo when she finishes it.

Now I'm going to have some breakfast and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

The red-leaved plants are called Hawaiian ti plants. Many times they're kept as houseplants but in Florida they'll grow outside, at least in frost-free areas. Glad you had fun at the flea market. Florida has good flea markets!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you had a great time at the flea markets. They are one of my favorite places to go in warmer months as not many happen here in winter, so indoor thrift shops are fun to explore in colder months. yes, we will be having spring-like temps here in NH the next couple of days, great news!

Barbara said...

We like Blond jokes here. I'm a salt-and-pepper brunetta. My DIL is blond and handles the jibes well.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time here in Florida!