Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Another Beautiful Day

March 3, 2020

Good morning.  Today will be sunny and 82F degrees by this afternoon.  This is my kind of weather.  Warm and sunny.  I must admit though, I spent most of yesterday at my laptop.  I may have messed up a few things on it, but I'm also learning a few things about it.  Like this morning, I tried to fix the time on it.  It only took me a half hour to figure out how to do this.

I brought my book "Windows 10 Tablet" but it really doesn't answer the simple questions, like where to find the clock and how to change the time on it.  I ended up pressing lots of buttons, and eventually came upon the clock.  I hope I don't have to do this again because I've already forgotten how I did it.

As to figuring out how to upload photos here, I accidently managed to work it out this morning.  Don't ask me how, I just thank the computer gods that it is now working.  So, on that note, let me share a bit of our trip.

This is where Pogo was for a good part of the trip.  (sort of beneath the seat in front of me.)  After we'd been in the air for a while, I lifted his carry case up and set it on the tray in front of me so that he could have a drink of water and look around for a while.


In the beginning of the flight, I thought I saw something close to us right outside my window.  It made me nervous, so I turned and looked.  DUH!  It was a motor.  (I think that's what it is)  Here is a photo of the scary thing as we were flying into Orlando.


This next photo is my cute little red Hyundaii rental car parked right outside my condo door.


And last, but not least, here's my awesome little guy relaxing on the sofa.  I sleep here because I can't climb the stairs so good anymore.  I give Pogo his own pillow, but as soon as I get up, he rushes over to sleep or just rest where my pillows were.  So, I move his blanket over to cover this spot.  It works for us.  Doesn't he just look so very happy to be here?


Remember how I said that I forgot something very important?  Well, yesterday I had another moment.  I took my camera out to the porch to take a few photos and you'll never guess what!  The battery had died and needed to be charged.  No problem.  I always carry an extra battery and a charger.  So I reached into my carry on bag, and OH NO!  There is no extra battery and no charger.

Rather than pull out any of my gray hairs, I went online to Amazon and ordered a charger kit.  It comes with a charger and two batteries.  It also comes with one day shipping.  So, my package should arrive today.  Woo Hoo!

One of the programs that Kevin had put into this little laptop was my Hoyle's Card Games.  I had a grand time last evening playing solitaire.  It's been a while since I've been able to play this.  I don't like the versions that come included in the computer.  So, this is a real treat for me.

I'm having trouble with either blogger or my laptop.  (I probably touched something I shouldn't have touched.)  Everything freezes up.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

There's always SOMETHING that doesn't make it into the suitcase, isn't there? So glad you were able to easily replace your charger. I love that picture of Pogo -- he looks so happy! And I love his little carrier with the peace signs.

Sue said...

Have fun with your new computer, like you if I can't find how I will push a lot of buttons. ~grin~.
Your dear Pogo is smiling because he is with you, he is so precious.
Enjoy your visit in Florida
Blessings,
Sue

Mary Ann Roesler said...

This brings back so many memories when we visited you in Florida. What a great time we had. Enjoy your time and relax. My tulips have broken through the ground on the south side of our house. I hope it means an early spring.

Theresa said...

Oh what a nice time you are going to have. Nice weather is always inviting:) Hope you get your charger and will be back in business, Amazon is amazing! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!