Friday, March 27, 2020

Things Are Getting Hinky

March 27, 2020

Good morning.  The month of March is quickly fading away, and this Covid 19 mess is just getting bigger.  I wonder just how long it will go on.  Things are getting pretty bad with families.  They have no jobs, no money to pay their bills, and no hope to look forward to. 

The incentive checks won't be out for weeks, and we don't even know who will and who won't get them.  I don't know how much good they will do for the folks who do get them.  What can you pay with them?  All the bills will be way overdue, so I guess maybe they can be used to buy food? 

Has anyone noticed how the bill collectors aren't caring that no one has a job or money?  Nope, they want their money on time.  Wouldn't it be nice if the credit companies, the banks and the utilities would realize what's happening, and put payments due on hold for a while?  The people could really use a break right about now.

On a brighter note, Deanne sent me a photo of Jazzy wearing her new poncho.  I rather like it.  By the way, that's Pogo's little friend Sassy in the photo with Jazzy.


I've had a request for one more poncho.  Something in Fall colors.  Today I shall check my yarn stash to see what colors I'll pick. 

I saw on the news one day that dog adoptions are way up.  Folks are adopting dogs for company.  At least that's what they said on the news.  I do hope that once this whole virus mess is over, that folks don't abandon their new pets.  Our animals deserve better than that.  This image that I borrowed from the web says it all.


Now I think I'll refresh my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  I looked up the word "hinky."  It means strange, suspect, uncertain, etc.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

This situation is bad for lots of people who loose their income because of the virus. Lots of companies or shops etc close and it is hard for the people who don;t have a long term job contrat.
Here there are companies that put the payments on hold. Which is something that could help the smaller businesses.
Government is trying to have ready payments for small companies or one-person business somewhere in the next week ot two. I hope it will work. It could take some more time.
Let's hope it will be enough.
Love the photo of Jazzy in her poncho. The color suits her well!
I did some shopping today in the supermarket, it was quiet, and they let in only a small number of people at a time. Good thing.
All is still okay with us.
You take care and go out as less as possible, if you want some air, you can go for a moment in the yard, if there is some sunshine. Hopefully soon you will have warmer temperatures and you can sit at the porch. Will be nice anyway, but specially if this situation with the virus last longer.
Sending hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Yes, I hope people are remembering that adopting a dog is a long-term commitment! The poncho looks great! Here in Britain there is an effort to cut people some slack on paying rent and bills and that kind of thing, given that so many people's incomes have been curtailed by the virus.

Dee Jaynes said...

Love you Mom <3

Theresa said...

Love the poncho, Jazzy looks very nice in it. I hear you about the people needing that money. I pray that it reaches those in need quickly and that they can make good use of it. It takes a long time to catch up when you get behind on your bills. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The poncho looks great, Edna, thanks for sharing the completed result with a lovely model as well. yes, it is a tough situation and getting more dismal daily with folks out of work and supplies in short supply for some products (we all know which ones by now). Hope you and Pogo continue to stay well as we are too.