Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Shopping Sure Is Different Nowadays

March 25, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray outside and 37F degrees.  I did not plan on being up this early, but here I am.  The good part about getting up early is that I can take a nap later on. 

I spent some time yesterday on-line looking for easy patterns for items to crochet for men.  I did find a few, but so far nothing that makes me want to dig out some yarn.  I already had one pattern though, that I might try.  Maybe later.

Today I shall try to make up a shopping list.  It's hard to do because a lot of what I want or need is not available.  Plus, the early morning "elderly only" shopping hours don't do me any good unless I can go out to the store to shop.  My daughter would go for me, but she is not elderly and therefore would not be allowed into the store during those hours. 

Of course, the good part of all of this isolation stuff is that I have a Portal and can see my family when we call each other on the phone.  So, it's not really isolation.  Actually, Pogo and I are used to staying indoors a lot.  When the temperatures get too cold or too hot, it makes it hard for me to breathe, therefore we stay in a lot.

We had reservations to go to the Paris Cabaret this weekend to see Bye Bye Birdie.  Alas, it has been cancelled along with most other events. 


Last night, I boxed up the cotton green and white lapghan so that it can be mailed out soon.  I really think this cotton yarn would make nice baby blankets, so I might try that soon.  Nowadays the cotton yarn comes in some gorgeous colors.  Hmmm, maybe I'll order some this afternoon. 

Before I leave to find some fun mischief to get into, I have a giggle to share with you.  You can substitute the word "cat" if you don't have a dog.

Now I'm off to get started on this new day.  So, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes shopping is different. After my shopping trip a couple days ago, I am trying to use what I have and not go back. Notice I said TRYING:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Shopping is different these days, you are right. But we will have to cope with it.
I did send you a few links more for patterns LOL.
Keep up the spirit, till tomorrow!
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I can definitely identify with the dog-centric COVID advice! Ha!

I went shopping this morning and it was surreal.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We too have elderly shopping areas at local grocery stores, but goodness those are early and we prefer to do a lie-in during the morning. That said, we went out later today and thankfully were able to find nearly everything on our list and then some NOT on the list that Grenville insisted we needed as "comfort food." So far we sre doing OK with self-isolation as when home it's how we spend most of the day, aside from going out for walks downtown which we are still doing.