Monday, March 2, 2020

Oh My, The Warm Florida Sun Feels Wonderful

March 2, 2020

Good morning from sunny and warm Florida.  Pogo and I got here yesterday (in our condo) shortly after four o'clock.  The weather is gorgeous, naturally!  Pogo was great all day.  He always travels well, but as he is aging he needs to go potty a little more often now.  Yesterday he last went before 8 a.m.  He made it all day till we got to the baggage claim at the airport in Orlando.  Then he peed on my lap.

Oh well, this was easier to handle than the complete pat down at the airport (in Boston) with everyone watching me.  I asked the person doing the pat down if she was planning on paying me for this service.  She just laughed and said NO.  I found out that if I did not have my oxygen on I would not have to get the full pat down.  On my trip home, I shall take the oxygen off!

The company that I rent the car from always sends a driver to pick Pogo and me up at the airport.  They take us to their office, which is right down the road from my resort, where I sign the papers and off I go in a car.  When it is tine to go home, I drive to their office and the same fellow meets me there and drives Pogo and me to the airport.  He even makes sure that I have an attendant with a wheel chair to help me before he leaves.  This company always treats me nice.

I don't have a photo to post today because I'm still trying to figure out how to use this little laptop.  I also forgot to plug it in last evening, and now the battery is getting wicked low.  So, let me stop gere for a little while and let this gadget charge for a bit.  Be back soon.

.............
Woo Hoo!  I'm already back.   I figured out how to plug this thing in and type at the same time.  Sounds silly, right?  But this thing doesn't have any places to plug things in to it.  Just two places, one for the charger cord and one gadget that has a couple USB ports on it - one of them is for the mouse.

I think I just figured out how to post a photo.   OOPs.  Sorry, I thought I had it figured out.  Not so.  I'll work on it today.  This little tablet/laptop isn't very much like my old little laptop.  One needs a special college degree to figure this one out.

Our local college used to have classes on how to use computers and such, but they don't anymore.  I guess because today's young folk are born computer literate, they don't need these classes anymore.   But what about us old folks?  We still need these classes.  Well, at least I do.   I'll see if Audrey can help me when she get' here.  She'll be here Friday.

Remember I said I would most likely forget to pack something?  Well, I did!  I needed some more room in my suitcase, so I took out most of my yarn projects and put them in a box that Deanne will mail to me here today.  I did keep one skein of yarn so that I could get started on one project.  However, I forgot to hang on to the pattern book.  It's in the box that is being mailed here.  Dang it all!

And to make matters worse, the oxygen concentrator had not been delivered here yet.  So, last evening, for dessert I decided that I needed a big bowl of strawberry ice cream, with mixed fruit all over it and topped with a giant hill of cool whip.   It worked!  Pogo and I were both asleep wicked early last night.  There was nothing on the TV here worth watching.  I'm not sure where they buy their channel line ups, but they definitely need a new carrier.  One that has channels like the ones the rest of the country watches.

Well, that's my news this morning.   Hopefully the oxygen concentrator will be delivered today and I can figure out how to upload photos on this gadget.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wonderful news, enjoy your holiday !
Hugs,
~Jo

smiekeltje said...

Happy to read you arrived okay in Florida.
Almost everything is good(except for the oxygen, but hopefully it will be there tomorrow).
Oh, you see, something went wrong with the packing, as I said the day before.
Well, you will have to wait for the box to arrive. Still you will find things to do and it already is great you have nice weather!!
Enjoy your warm and sunny times to the full!
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that you both arrived safely, Miss Edna. The story about the airport experience was funny.

Betty Mc said...

Have you considered using "doggie diaper/pads for Pogo? My pup has no need for them but a friend of mine swears by them for her elderly male doxi, I think she buys them at Wal-Mart. Might be a good option for your return flight.

Betty Mc said...

You can find doggie diaper/pads at Wal-Mart, Petsmart, & Petco; a friend of mine swears by them for her elderly male doxie. They might insure you and Pogo have a "dry" return flight.

Theresa said...

I am happy that you and Pogo made it safely, sunshine feels great don't it? I hope you get all of your deliveries today! Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! No "Perry Mason"?!